2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a load of nonsense, he's told the club he doesn't want to go. They should release a statement, the kid is devastated by the abuse on social media and doesn't want to fall out with the fans.

It didn't come from the club this mate. It's being reported by Law in the telegraph.

Anyone giving the lad abuse is an idiot.

Some of the reporting on this has felt like spin to me tbh.

Someone mentioned previously on here that it's about contract stipulations, as in there's language in contracts that affects bonuses, payouts if an official transfer request is put in. Not sure how common that is, though. Could just be about whether it goes viral - we have to remember that all these players are also constantly online reading about football. But agreed that it's annoying.
Yeah. when you put a transfer request in you wave your loyalty bonus. Which can be any price. Depends on length of contract left l, how much they get paid a week and few other things.

Just imagine (god forbid) AG suffered a season ending injury at the weekend, would take him months to get back up to his best & by that time his current contract would be coming to an end, be no sell on value, this is why WE HAVE to take 50 M cut & run, great business for all??
We don't HAVE to do anything.

We should ask Chelsea for anything we want, because we have no financial need to sell.

If we want £50m for him, then cash in if we get £50m. If we want £55m, then ask for £55m.

You get what you value your players at.

It didn't come from the club this mate. It's being reported by Law in the telegraph.

Anyone giving the lad abuse is an idiot.

Some of the reporting on this has felt like spin to me tbh.
Agreed. what were we expecting AG to say - I don't want to go to Chelsea... diddle, diddle, diddle diddle ump um

Status
Not open for further replies.