Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm delighted how little I know about football these days tbh

Take lots of the cocaine, it turns you into an instant expert.

Disclaimer.

It also gives you psychosis, rots your brain and makes you post non stop, utter drivel in the transfer thread and hate on our young players.

The longer you stay, the more you pay.

It's smokes & mirrors with Chelsea - they know we are after loans from them, so they lump a bid in for Gordon who will never make their first 11.... knowing we won't sell ......

So any proposed loans are off the table from them ....

Is there anyone credible covering the Maupay links? or is it just wishful thinking when compared to the Che Adams links. Think he's less of a gamble than Guirassy or Ajorque as he has got goals. My only worry is he gets goals in a side that create a lot more chances than we do.

Over a 5 year deal though mate thats what £7-8 million a year on the books?

Selling Gordon and Kean for £75-80 million straight profit still leaves us with a good sized pot to spend.

Think he has the creativity and energy we need in Midfield alongside Onana long term.

You still have to amortise the full value over the contract, and that expense goes to your P&L account. The full value of the deal still goes onto your books, just over time. It's not like you can ignore the total fee, it's still the most important number.

Is there anyone credible covering the Maupay links? or is it just wishful thinking when compared to the Che Adams links. Think he's less of a gamble than Guirassy or Ajorque as he has got goals. My only worry is he gets goals in a side that create a lot more chances than we do.
Thought maupay had joined forest

Isn't that what we need to be doing mate? I mean Onana, McNeil both just potential really .

If we get say £45 million for Gordon and its paid all up front and sign Gibbs-White for £40 million with it structured over 5 years at £8 million per season that still leaves us in £37 million profit on the books for this year over the two deals.

As we've satisfied the PL's profit and loss rule that leaves us with enough dough to still bring in 2-3 decent signings in addition.
Yeah, like I keep saying in posts about the likes of Maupay and Adams, we need to be buying potential. But, what we need to avoid is, for example, spending the amount that could get us a proper baller like Terrier on potential like MGW. Or selling Gordon and then instantly converting nearly all of the proceeds into signing MGW.

For example, I would rather we sign Terrier and then spend on some young potential like Dieng and Garner, than put down £30 plus M on MGW.

I can't say I agree.
Brighton are far superior than us at creating chances.
Putting away goals has been their main weakness the entire time that Maupay has been there.
Sometimes players just need to be in the right team to click.

Look at De Bruyne or Salah. You wouldn't have signed either off the back of their time at Chelsea; but put in another side away they went

Very good player. Lots of potential. But we'd be mostly buying potential. Would love us to get him, but I'd be worried that we'd end up paying basically what we would receive for Gordon. That money could be better spent elsewhere, e.g. a player like Terrier.
I totally agree with this. If we are selling big potential in Gordon it’s because the squad still lacks the quality right here, right now, to ensure we aren’t in a relegation battle. Spending most of all of the Gordon money on more potential doesn’t do it. Current proven quality (Terrier, Malinowski) needs to be a big part of it, and then some potential (Garner, Gilmour, Semenyo) on top if possible. It’s about being good enough this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.