Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times, fella. I don't like McNeil from watching him over the past 3 seasons at Burnley. It is not based on his 2 appearances with us.

I saw nothing whatsoever to convince me he is a good player over those years.
I also know some Burnley fans and they were not huge fans of his either. Burnley fans. They were intrigued to see how he would get on in the Championship this year to see if his performances could 'step up a level' with the drop down a division. They felt he would benefit from this. The way McNeil has performed in his first 2 games with us is exactly the player I expected. No pace, no drive, mentally weak, blowing tugs after 50 mins, no end product.

And as for Maupay, Brighton create a tonne of chances (we don't) and his goal return is bordering on the pathetic. Maupay and Adams are the kind of players we signed under Koeman. Wrong age, questionable ability to begin with, we will be the biggest club they play for and then we will be unable to shift them when all our fans are moaning about them performing at exactly the level that should be expected of them if you had seen them play for their previous clubs.

But it's fine. They are good PL performers ?. Yes, they might be enough to keep us up this year but then they become a problem and hinder our ability to improve. That's what I find laughable.
This.

Indeed. I'm going to bore everyone with my posts about him last year;

Maupay. 25. Available at a decent price because he's in the last year of his contract.

His goal conversion is better than Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison.

We desperately need options up front.

Maupay is one we know can score in the league (10 in 37, 8 in 33, 8 in 32). One with pace and one we know we can resell, too.

Low risk - you don't lose money on £15m for Maupay, IMO.
I can't say I agree.
Brighton are far superior than us at creating chances.
Putting away goals has been their main weakness the entire time that Maupay has been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.