2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

In no particular order: He's an attacking player something we are short of, he tries to progress the ball forward not sideways or backwards like a lot of the team, He's a good player as it stands, He's 21 so has years to improve which he will. I doubt he's on (comparatively) high wages. He's featured in pretty much every game he's been available since Lampard came in so the manager likes him. He's come through the Academy and is a Blue so Everton courses through his veins, which is a good advertisement for both the Academy and Club in general.
I'm not sure how the other post was Davek-esq because I would never have posted it if I did!?!
Davek is more or less the only one that I've seen who is categorically against selling him to the extent your post suggests you are.

A lot of the problems you've stated can be addressed and even improved by selling him and reinvesting. Imo that's pretty straightforward too.

Name names then. Who could we buy that would be a freakish athlete AND is a better player under budget.
I think freakish might be overstating it but I'll toss some names out and you decide if they fit what you're looking for.

The post Richarlison list I made which I think is useful still here had Sinisterra and Lewis-Potter who moved to PL clubs already. The other names I still like are Hudson-Odoi, Sofiane Diop, Amine Gouiri and Kamaldeen Sulemana (h/t @MikelsGoat)

I think freakish might be overstating it but I'll toss some names out and you decide if they fit what you're looking for.

The post Richarlison list I made which I think is useful still here had Sinisterra and Lewis-Potter who moved to PL clubs already. The other names I still like are Hudson-Odoi, Sofiane Diop, Amine Gouiri and Kamaldeen Sulemana (h/t @MikelsGoat)

Now can we afford them?

Status
Not open for further replies.