Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michy involved in the deal according to this fella. Much rather it was Broja

724351FF-F833-44D6-B279-D4B626C5E87F.jpeg

He isn't a game changer for us at the moment. He may go on to be but waiting is a luxury we don't have. Chelsea do have that luxury.

I'd be concerned though that this happens and were left with loan deals from Chelsea and the money disappears into a black hole.

If that isn't the case then with their opening bid rejected, there is easily more room for another £10m on top. Gordon is potential and potential only at this point in time. We aren't on a position to turn down £50m for him. We did well with what we got for Richarlison and can do more here. A first XI that was mostly fit for the dump can be transformed positively within months and nobody thought that could happen so soon.

that’s my concern we’re still trying to replace richy.. we probably woudnt even replace gordon

i’m sick of the club being ran so bad

Couldn’t agree more maybe why we didn’t go for cornet or Dennis
Yeah, they wouldn’t have fit.

Plus going for Coady almost ensures 3 central defenders is the plan and we have been very midfield focused all summer. I know our midfield was lousy, but still thin this would all make sense.

also speaks to there being a real plan. I’ll reserve comment on it being a good plan, but it seems a plan nevertheless.

It may well be. But it's not enough time for a club with our track record of recruitment to realistically get it right.
I dont agree mate, I know we do seem to take an age with some signings, deals like Coady and McNeil showed how quickly we can move, Onana also, I know it dragged on a little, but we could move quickly if needed.

The problem is, at this late stage you are paying a premium for players teams would rather keep.

I dont agree mate, I know we do seem to take an age with some signings, deals like Coady and McNeil showed how quickly we can move, Onana also, I know it dragged on a little, but we could move quickly if needed.

The problem is, at this late stage you are paying a premium for players teams would rather keep.
We still haven't replaced Lukaku ?

Yeah, they wouldn’t have fit.

Plus going for Coady almost ensures 3 central defenders is the plan and we have been very midfield focused all summer. I know our midfield was lousy, but still thin this would all make sense.

also speaks to there being a real plan. I’ll reserve commment on it being a good plan, but it seems a plan nevertheless.
I hope it’s something we’re doing going different trying something new to us it’s the only way we can go if playing 3 at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.