Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be pretty silly to not stick an older head in there with them.

Gallagher looks a decent prospect, I havent watched him much, but im really not seeing anything that exciting if im honest.

If we could move on Allan, Doucs, Dele, Davies and Iwobi, theres a spot there, but till then, I dont think we have room for any other prospects that need time.
Was with you till you said Iwobi

The boy stays

Can I be honest?

I dont think ive watched Southampton play a game of football since Le Tiss left, Everton aside.

I watched them in a 1970 something FA cup final. Since then, nada. Unless they were the team we tonked 9 0 a while back. In which case. I lied.

edit. Strewth, I absolutely lied. I saw them live play Bristol City in some cup game, star wars ago. Beattie scored their winner. Looked a player. But it was Bristol City.

Moyes is desperate, hence only offering a loan. A loan is a year of his wages off our books and one less year on his contract, it also means he’s probably thinking about how he needs to leave. It would be a great step to finally ridding the club of a terrible terrible player
A loan is no good to us regardless, he's back in 12 months. If its cash I'd go for it.

I don’t mind Adams as much as most in here. But it’s very unambitious. He’s 26 and what you see is what you get. 5-10 goals a lot running around. He can be a handful for defenders because he’s got a good combination of strength and speed. But his finishing ability has never caught up and it’d be silly to expect to now.

If he’s available for cheap I get it. Southampton are in trouble as is, I doubt they just lend him to us. Just like a lot of these guys we’re targeting, it’d have to be him plus someone else who can chip in goals.

I think the fact he went AWOL for the last 6 months tells me that he still has a lot to learn at this level.

Yup BUT going off palace forums and stats he was still playing at a solid level just obviously the end product faded second half of the season - why I don't think right now he's starting material fir chelsea but we aren't close to them in talent mate

Id be curious what the amount is for? In a vacuum it wouldnt be my move but I can understand partially the rationale (and prefer it over Dennis although grading on a curve). But considering Southampton paid I think close to 20 million, I expect they'd plan to make a profit. Thats where questions of the funds come into question as for starters, considering our outlay and none sellable players, I would not be comfortable paying more than that for Che. And if that rules out Camara, I am definitely not for this pursuit considering cheaper options at striker in Europe I would likely favor.

Moyes is desperate, hence only offering a loan. A loan is a year of his wages off our books and one less year on his contract, it also means he’s probably thinking about how he needs to leave. It would be a great step to finally ridding the club of a terrible terrible player
Moyes can koff. West Ham have the money, pay for his service. £15m then he may go. Not cheap loan again.

Id be curious what the amount is for? In a vacuum it wouldnt be my move but I can understand partially the rationale (and prefer it over Dennis although grading on a curve). But considering Southampton paid I think close to 20 million, I expect they'd plan to make a profit. Thats where questions of the funds become come into question as for starters, considering our outlay and none sellable players, I would not be comfortable paying more than that for Che. And if that rules out Camara, I am definitely not for this pursuit considering cheaper options at striker in Europe I would likely favor.
They paid £15m.

Adams isn't terrible or anything, and could do an Okazaki-type job for a goal-scoring partner, but the way things are looking with DCL, he could very well end up playing up front on his own a lot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.