Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think we may have enough cover with myko and Coleman able to play left or right CB in a pinch. (That's what Frank did against Chelsea when Godfrey went down). If they offer anything north of 15 million I'd sell.
Yeah I think 15 is probably a minimum simply because we'd have to spend that to adequately replace him- and we definitely would need one more CB even with the option of Myko or Coleman.

His name's not been mentioned lately but Rodrigo Becao still hasn't left Udinese, we seemed to have genuine interest so if we could sell Keane and fund him for the same or less it would have to be considered.

Utter guesswork, there will a logical reason for the contract
Just guessing like. But he has a year left on his contract. I reckon there's only interest from other clubs to take him on loan, nobody interested on a sale. If we loan him he's out of contract when he returns and can go on a free. So we're gambling on him doing OK on loan and us getting a fee for him in 12 months.

Personally don;t see the point in it, but I reckon he'll only be on relatively low wages, which will be getting covered by Wigan for next season, So we're only in for another season and will likely be able to loan him out again. A calculated risk i suppose that may pay off if he has a good season. Not a great deal of downside financially. I just thought we'd finished with thi type of scenario so I'm a bit surprised it's happened.

Of all the things you moan about, loaning Keane to WHU is a strange one

I am not moaning at all. And I'm making a logical point.

I find it totally bizarre that people are upset that we didn't agree to loan a player to West Ham. If they want to offer some decent cash then sell by all means, but a loan is just a ridiculous idea. They are far better than us, so why would we be loaning them someone?

what's the bloody point
If the club is building, albeit it a very small stable of players that effectively act as a cohort to be loaned out (akin to the Chelsea’s academy model / City’s portfolio model) then I’m all for it or some sort of hybrid. I’m obviously speculating but the players can almost become appreciating assets that can be sold on for more cash further down the line as their stock increases. It only take a few of these to come off every season or two to make the whole project worthwhile.

Or even something that might suit Everton better….. Brighton's buy to loan model…..

Hope anyone who has a look enjoys and apologies if this is off topic or of no interest, I just found it very interesting and something that if done well can give a significant advantage.

Maybe I just need to get out more?

Status
Not open for further replies.