Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, they have to buy him first in order to sell on. Reporting on the purchase obligation is inconsistent - some outlets think they would have to come back to us and work something out if they want to buy prior to the obligation date. Others seem to operate under the presumption that there is some sort of acceleration clause that Juventus can activate, though they don't come out and say that, which makes me suspicious that the reporting is just clueless.

Lord only knows whether they are supposed to pay in cash up front or installments as the deal stands, which means there could be a lively negotiation with us if they find a buyer.
I wonder if we also put a sell on clause in there as well as most deals seem to have them now. Could make a bit extra that way.

We must not be convinced on Dennis as we could have got him instead of Mcneil

Burnley were willing to accept Everton’s instalment offer for McNeil but not for Cornet, this is because Cornet was in greater demand than McNeil. The same probably applies to Dennis at Watford; they aren’t going to accept our measly instalment offer when they think they can get a better deal from another club, or even from Everton later in the window.

At the end of the window I will hopefully agree with you. But at the minute, give me Richarlison with last year's squad over the current squad every day of the week.

Our lack of threat last week against a totally average Chelsea side was unacceptable, and was nothing to do with the manager or his tactics. He just isn't being provided the tools to do his job.
You cant be serious!

Spot on mate, we desperately need a striker in, but, even without one, I think this squad is far less likely to be drawn into a relegation battle than last year's was. Richarlison will be a big miss, as much for his work rate as his goals, but, we seem to be using the money well.
Fully agree mate

Correct, they have to buy him first in order to sell on. Reporting on the purchase obligation is inconsistent - some outlets think they would have to come back to us and work something out if they want to buy prior to the obligation date. Others seem to operate under the presumption that there is some sort of acceleration clause that Juventus can activate, though they don't come out and say that, which makes me suspicious that the reporting is just clueless.

Lord only knows whether they are supposed to pay in cash up front or installments as the deal stands, which means there could be a lively negotiation with us if they find a buyer.
The full agreement is here. It sounds like they would be paying the 28m Euros in three instalments.

Status
Not open for further replies.