Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d find Gana himself holding up the move to be a massively strange thing honestly. Fair enough if he wants a deal from PSG to go but he surely wouldn’t scupper a move because of it, especially to a club he seems to have an affection for and knowing he’s probably gonna be first choice. The only thing that’d make sense was if we offered him a contract with an enormous pay cut to what he’s on now which I don’t think is likely.

A midfield that can’t pass lol

You may have seen more of him than I have, but from the bits and pieces I've seen Camara has far, far more progressive passing to his game than Gana does.

Not that I don't think that Gana is a cracking player, but if you think a midfield of Camara and Onana can't pass, surely you must have the same opinion of a Gana/Onana duo?

I can't see us spending £25m/€30m on another midfielder when we haven't gotten a back up striker plus Gueye is just waiting for extra cash off PSG.

I'd personally love Camara because he represents a positive front looking signing who would only improve and build his value at the club.

I am not a fan of signing Gueye unless it is a loan because he's 33 soon and will be on a 2 year deal on big wages plus he will be in the region of £5-10m

You may have seen more of him than I have, but from the bits and pieces I've seen Camara has far, far more progressive passing to his game than Gana does.

Not that I don't think that Gana is a cracking player, but if you think a midfield of Camara and Onana can't pass, surely you must have the same opinion of a Gana/Onana duo?
Tbf even the midfield now aren’t very technical or good at passing, I feel we’re lacking someone in the centre with technique and being good on the ball.

I’d find Gana himself holding up the move to be a massively strange thing honestly. Fair enough if he wants a deal from PSG to go but he surely wouldn’t scupper a move because of it, especially to a club he seems to have an affection for and knowing he’s probably gonna be first choice. The only thing that’d make sense was if we offered him a contract with an enormous pay cut to what he’s on now which I don’t think is likely.
TBH since the Onana deal I've wondered if it would be us pulling out rather than difficulties with PSG or the player. They want him gone, he's got very good and comfortable fallback option in us, given the cost of it it's a deal that's probably most questionable from our point of view. Although I thought if we pulled the plug we might put the funds towards the forward chase and loan a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.