Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

As we are not in the market for top players I would prefer to delve into the championship for known strikers than chance our arm in foreign leagues for wannabe relatively unknown players. I know it is a risk either way but at least we have regular views of our own Championship to judge players.

I think McNeil is the Richarlison replacement. We arent looking to replace like for like, considering we just survived relegation. I think the approach Lampard is taking is much more reasonable, shore up the core of the squad, make us very hard to score against, a midfield to control the game, and enough attacking to get some wins. If all goes well next season you can bring in the flashy attackers.

We brought in two CBs and 2 CM/DMs to solidify the defense, are getting a backup striker for DCL so we dont have to play Rondon, and McNeil replaces Richarlison by being not as good of a wide player but solid defensively and good at playing more inside, which Lampard wants. The sale of Richy always meant are attack was going to be weaker, but it funded an 80% replacement and then improving 5 other positions.
Well i hope you are wrong, because early evidence is showing that Gray, Gordon and Mc Neill will not be consistent goalscorers. So for me it has to be something like this

In a 4-3-3 i would play Mc Neill in attacking midfield and play Gray/Gordon with DCL + new attacker
or we sign a Gallagher / MGW type of goalscoring midfielder and play DCL with 2 wingers (Gray/Gordon/McNeill)

In a 3-4-3 it seems it will be a tough choice for attackers/midfielders to fit them all in, certainly for the likes of Gray/Gordon./McNeill

I am a lion.

giant-fat-lion-thumbnail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.