Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams is one of the worst *strikers* out there.

I've seldom seen such lack of intelligent movement.

It comes to something when you say with a straight face you'd rather have Rondon.

It seems like the cat is out the bag now: they're going for more cheap tat as a back up to Calvert-Lewin, who they're hoping to see play the vast majority of games when he gets back after injury.

WTF are they thinking of?
We have no idea who they want, the smart money would still be on Broja.

Kalimuendo ? Looks a talent but a bit small to play the lone striker role.

Given our limited resources I'd go for Brereton Diaz
Said in another thread. One of my mates is a rovers ST holder and he doesn’t think Diaz would cut it in the PL. He said he had a purple patch for half a season last year, but doesn’t think he’s at the required level for the PL. I guess that’s why no PL teams have been in for him.

Don't disagree I would take him for sure I was advocating for him when he was at Celtic. I just can't think of another reason why we wouldn't explore bringing him in he would be ideal
I think if the deal goes through it will be late in window. Lyon has a reputation to be difficult to do business with.

Yeah but Vardy had never been on the books of a decent team before.

Wright was way older, think 28 when he joined Arsenal but a weird comparison as he'd been banging them in for Palace in the first division for a few years mate, after absolutely tearing up the old second division a few years beforehand with them too.

Not one half decent season at 24 having been let go for buttons at 23 by a team which is amongst the best in the league at evaluating younger players which Brighton are
Fair enough. I was just trying to say his age doesn't really mean anything, unless he's mid 30's, then it's more a gamble about fitness. Unless he's a superhuman like Ronaldo.

Those are two extreme examples and every player is different but in the normal curve of a player’s career you’d hope for more than one good season, at a modest level, by the age of 24, if you want him to be a potential starting striker at a PL club. Brighton know a player and felt he wasn’t one, even the Coventry lad on here said he was poor on loan the season before.

And 18 in 46 at that level feels like a good but not great return for a centre forward. If Simms plays that many games at Sunderland this season I’d probably expect him to match or better it.
I understand what you mean, I was just saying his age isn't really relevant. Look at Drogba, he had a pretty average career before he got to Chelsea. He didn't really peak until mid 20's I think.

I think, although it would be unorthodox, if we could bring in Guirassy and Broja, that would be excellent for us.

I would rather players like Terrier, but both Broja and Guirassy are tall and powerful, but also fast and decent dribblers. I think that would allow us to play either through the middle, or get away with playing them on the flanks in a 3. Plus, both would be good if we wished to play a 2 up top and have either of them partner DCL when he is fit.

I'm not writing him off, just seems a very odd one. His goal record isn't particularly impressive though. You use the vardy comparison to show that age isn't neccessarily everything, which is fine! However Vardy was bagging, bagging and bagging everywhere he went.

Would have little issue with it if we werent limited with what we can spend, we had 2 strikers already and was adding a third at a cheap option who may be ablet to step up, but with DCL's injury record, we need someone who can start week in week out and compete and proven to do so.
I'd be ok with this lad signing this week, if it enables us to wait until deadline day to get someone like Broja in. I feel he'd be just as good as Rondon, plus he'd be relatively cheap.

Wonder if we've got one more tasty forward addition coming...seems like most of these links are just short term cover for Dom and long term backups. I wonder if we're after both - we should be. We can't be counting on Dom to come back healthy and start slotting in goals.

Could it be Pulisic? Terrier? Broja? Or maybe someone out of the blue.
More like someone out of the Sky Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.