Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I wonder if they have a plans for an alternative option to DCL but are playing a waiting game to get him in (possibly on loan).

Links to the likes of Gyokeres and Adams suggests to me they want somebody in quickly in the short-term who can then be back-up to the 2 main options. I suppose with Gyokeres, he could surprise and be more effective than thought.
We’ve probably reached the limits of our budget. We’re trying to find a striker geed enough, whilst willing to play second fiddle to DCL.

The standard of striker we're being linked to is piss poor lets be honest. The best of the bunch we're likely to have half a chance with is Batshuayi.

Thats because Lampard still see's DCL as his no1 choice.

Anyone thinking we are signing a 15+ goal a season CF to sit on our bench when DCL is fit is naive.

Now I dont believe DCL should be our no1 CF as his fitness record has become unpredictable but I aint the manager.

I don't think there is any real chance of that. We have loan payments/running cost to cover (we're basically self sufficient) plus we'd need funds to replace which that upfront fee wouldn't cover.

The only way I think SISU accept that is if the total fee is pushing the higher reported figure.

If he doesn't go this summer, I believe he'll go next season for 15-20 mil.

Is he good in the air mate, and can he play as a wide forward?

It was that guy who said we were signing McNeil out of nowhere, he is just some randomer on twitter, a blue, has a Ukrainian flag for a profile pic, I will try find the account name. Myers did jump on it early though and fair play to Alan tbh, instead of waiting till 3 days after everyone else he posted long before any of the usual suspects.
I just went back to the 1st of August and didnt see it.

I might have missed it like.

There is a chance we get beat at the weekend despite all the signings because we fail up top to convert possession.

Nothing more demoralising for new players who think they should be getting 3 points after the effort put into game.

Add to the fact the media will pile on and you can see why getting the striker position sorted out by the weekend is so critical.

No you are this.
images
The world's largest dolphin?

Whether its a good plan or not I think its clear Lampard is going with a consistent theme, and hes building a squad rather than throwing players together. That cohesive structure is something we have lacked for a decade or more.
I personally like the plan, because I think you have to build from the back, and you have to have a good foundation before you build the rest of the house. Everything else looks good for a month or so, but then crumbles.
I’m all for building from the back, but you need to get the balance right. On paper our balance isn’t right at all, we have very few players with any sort of consistent scoring or assisting record and that is concerning. Football isn’t played on paper so it’s quite possible everything will work out fine, but at the moment I feel we’re going to struggle if we don’t add more attacking options to the mix.

Adams isn't bad quite robost, average but has got better over the years, I was surprised to see he got nine goals and a number of assists last season and can play across the front three, not really excited by the link but could do a job we didn't have anyone bar Richy who got that many so we can't really turn our noses up. I would like one forward who can play wide as well and one who is momoreof a target man.

noticed this Guirassy bloke is of the same team as Terrier that we have been linked with. Why not go all out for the Terrier bloke as Rennes are set to sign this striker from PSG. I doubt Rennes sell 2 strikers to us, so does that mean Terrier is not coming ?

I cant understand why we still not in race for Moussa Dembele from Lyon. Alex Lacazette took the 9. role so he will be on the bench all year (no european cup so only Ligue 1)

21 goals last year, we could get him around 15m, maybe less because Lyon dont need him

Stop the Adams, Batshuayi, Gyokeres link, let's have someone who can put some real pression on DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.