Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those are two extreme examples and every player is different but in the normal curve of a player’s career you’d hope for more than one good season, at a modest level, by the age of 24, if you want him to be a potential starting striker at a PL club. Brighton know a player and felt he wasn’t one, even the Coventry lad on here said he was poor on loan the season before.

And 18 in 46 at that level feels like a good but not great return for a centre forward. If Simms plays that many games at Sunderland this season I’d probably expect him to match or better it.

….it’s a very interesting comparison with Simms. You have to wonder if he’d still have been sent on loan post-injury to DCL.

….it’s a very interesting comparison with Simms. You have to wonder if he’d still have been sent on loan post-injury to DCL.
I don’t think Simms would’ve been seen as a long term solution to replace DCL, but then nor am I convinced the Swedish lad will necessarily be much, much better.

Sending Simms on loan probably the right thing to do but, knowing Rondon was suspended, should’ve been done later. Simms on loan could’ve also been a very useful bargaining chip for, say, signing Coventry’s striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.