Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very happy with that but can't see how h does it with breaching P&S regs
Since we are in the clear finacially in relation to the current rules, do we now have a clean slate for the next 3 years, making it possible for Mosh to pump money in the club for more signings without if automatically getting us in trouble?
I know very little about how this works, but if thats so, Id imagine we could spend on a striker also. Wouldnt have imagined we could buy Onana after getting McNeil, but it shows we can spend more money than I think most of us thought we could.

Every post I read here seems to suggest the Gyokeres would be a panic signing , why is that ?

Do people think that Frank Lampard realised only last week after DCL got injured that we only have Rondon as cover , that Richarlison was sold but nobody told Frank and he was wondering why he didn't notice him at training.

Maybe there are championship players that are being looked at for quite some time rather than just the last week.

that is the reason the o hare sale didnt go through to burnley (before injury) - we need cash now, not tomorrow - particularly as our pitch currently resembles a sandy car park - so no idea when we will next play at home
We could also offer you some wonderful players on loan like the majestic marauding midfielder Tom Davies

Every post I read here seems to suggest the Gyokeres would be a panic signing , why is that ?

Do people think that Frank Lampard realised only last week after DCL got injured that we only have Rondon as cover , that Richarlison was sold but nobody told Frank and he was wondering why he didn't notice him at training.

Maybe there are championship players that are being looked at for quite some time rather than just the last week.
We sold Richarlison 6 weeks ago - and the season started last week

If we were genuinely considering replacing Richarlison - we would have done it before DCL was injured

Why buy someone who might be decent when you can just settle for absolute crap?

Seriously, Pukki 11 goals in nearly 3300 minutes last year, that is worse than one in three.

He's also 32. It is on the Cuco Martina level of signings.
We won't sign Pukki but to be fair to him 11 goals in that Norwich team was decent.

We will , I feel, sign a younger striker that can grow into being the main striker if DCL is to be sold next summer.

You had me at hate….

Welcome to the forum mate.
goes back to 87 you won the league, we won the cup - and due to their antics in heysel we were banned from europe - and who knows where that may have taken us both. we also had a very friendly charity shield match - albeit the game was rubbish . You also let us thrash you in 85 after you had the league sewn up - to let us comfortably stay up

Since we are in the clear finacially in relation to the current rules, do we now have a clean slate for the next 3 years, making it possible for Mosh to pump money in the club for more signings without if automatically getting us in trouble?
I know very little about how this works, but if thats so, Id imagine we could spend on a striker also. Wouldnt have imagined we could buy Onana after getting McNeil, but it shows we can spend more money than I think most of us thought we could.
I don't think so.

I think we are just buying time , delaying the problem.

We have to face reality at some stage.

It is the same as the economy isn't it @peteblue ? You either cut costs ( reduce wages ) or increase income ( sell players for a profit and / or increase sponsorship and other revenue streams. In reality it is a combination of the two.

In economic terms that means cutting services or increasing taxes but sadly just like Moshiri , the Tories are in denial.

Last edited:

If we were genuinely considering replacing Richarlison - we would have done it before DCL was injured
Not so, with Dom fit it was the least urgent area of the team to strengthen. That changed when he got injured making it a more urgent issue. With Dom fit there is no question that midfield and defence were in more desperate need of addressing.

We are being very methodical in this window it seems.
In spite of the links to different strikers we don't know which one we are really after.

They may not be available or just not available yet.... the market works that way
Let's wait and see who we sign because this summer has shown the value of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.