2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part of him must be thinking if I didn’t make such a horrendous back pass I would be fine right now

That could mentally eat away at some players knowing that their own mistake led to their own misfortune

Normally when you make a mistake on the pitch I.e score an own goal or make a terrible decision which leads to a goal you can at least try and brush it off and move onto the next match to try and make amends. Here he has to wait at least 3 months and even then he ain’t guaranteed to start if his replacement fares well.
Yep. He was pretty nailed on at the right side of our back three and with Southgate in attendance yesterday you’d hope a young confident lad would be backing himself to try and push for the World Cup squad (not been nearly good enough recently but you have to have aspirations).

Then he plays a crap back pass and ends up breaking himself to recover. Stuff like that can mess with a young lads head so I hope he comes back fit and strong.

Hopefully the 3 months is 3months (which is less than i expected) and he can get fit during the time the World Cup is happening, and ready for our league game on Boxing day

3 months puts you at November so that'll end up being after the World Cup in all likelihood.
And hopefully the new defenders we've signed develop a hugely successful understanding, meaning he can't get back in the team without upping his game drastically.

And hopefully the new defenders we've signed develop a hugely successful understanding, meaning he can't get back in the team without upping his game drastically.
I just hope he gets healthy for now. We'll deal with the performances when that day comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.