Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Coady comes for loan, it's smart business. Is he the Centre Back that I would've sign? No. I still think if our scouts done their job, there is someone better.

But Coady is available now and business could be completed before next game.

I think reality is, our remaining CBs aren't good enough to last us the next few months. Mina is made of glass. BG is out for few months. Holgate performance is inconsistent. M.Keane makes at least 1 mistake per game. An Injury to Tarks now, we are left with Holgate and M.Keane - and we are back to last season.

If Coady comes for loan, it's smart business. Is he the Centre Back that I would've sign? No. I still think if our scouts done their job, there is someone better.

But Coady is available now and business could be completed before next game.

I think reality is, our remaining CBs aren't good enough to last us the next few months. Mina is made of glass. BG is out for few months. Holgate performance is inconsistent. M.Keane makes at least 1 mistake per game. An Injury to Tarks now, we are left with Holgate and M.Keane - and we are back to last season.
I hear you, but getting in Tarky and Coady is great business for me. Both proven top quality centre halves with great leadership skills between them which we badly need. Holgate was great against Chelsea and almost always looks twice the player when he's not alongside Keane. It's a shame we are going with three centre halves but we have to accept it. I think we have enough in the bank, plus we'll have Mina available for about 10% of games too. Would probably look to settle a defence of Holgate, Tarky and Coady now, three English lads with no excuses for poor communication or silly mistakes.

I stated a few days ago that i was meh about signing Coady. I welcome him now. We need someone through the door quick & it's not a panic buy as we clearly had a plan before the injuries to get him in anyway. I just hope it's not a silly contract.
Hopefully Keane sees his place in the pecking order now & leaves this window.

He will for a job for us.
Strange move from a wolves piont of view, low fee or loan for the current captain and in the England squad.
Wonder if their manager is trying to make a statement to the squad as I imagine Coady is a big character behind the scenes.
Like I am the leader here at the club, not him?

Yeah desperate for Coady now, Tarks is now are best defender who doesn't hold back when tackling. Thank God he ain't made of glass, however, this is Everton !!

Occasionally, probably 5-10 times, and whilst he didn't have disastrous games they were generally high scoring. He also did it this pre-season and it was hard viewing.

It's probably a bit harsh to say he can't do it as it's more about the protection. You'd need narrow full-backs, defensive midfielders protecting and you obviously get less cover as a centre-back in a back four.

He simply can't run. Whenever he's ever faced up one on one the striker always gets a shot off as he backs off continuously as he is scared to engage due to his pace. Same applies down the sides.

Don't want to criticise him too much as he's a legend for us but just how it is.

His positioning is good and he knows where to be and will tell everyone else where to be. I can't imagine for a second Lampard has got him to play in a four.

How about him as a defensive midfield anchor in a 433

He will for a job for us.
Strange move from a wolves piont of view, low fee or loan for the current captain and in the England squad.
Wonder if their manager is trying to make a statement to the squad as I imagine Coady is a big character behind the scenes.
Like I am the leader here at the club, not him?
Possibly, Managers can get very jealous of leaders in dressing room, especially if they still showing love for an ex manager

Status
Not open for further replies.