Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can play in a back 4.

Hes been dropped due to the manager preferring 2 other players instead of him, so people have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.
I asked this in the transfer thread. Was told unequivocally that he can't play as a 2 and has to be as a 3. When they tried a 2, he "failed to thrive" so they went back to a 3. (By my research, they never played a 2 at all last season).

I'm putting it down as the same sort of nonsense as saying tarkowski can only play Dyche-ball.

The comments from the Wolves fans seem to be the following:
1) Hes a big, positive influence in the changing room
2) 12m is way too cheap
3) The owners are a disgrace for selling him
4) The manager is to blame for not playing him.

Not a happy bunch.

But I thought only Everton had it bad and all the other cloobs were doing boss business and had awesome squads - can't be true that mate.

Moshiri and Thelwell the complete pair of frauds !

I asked this in the transfer thread. Was told unequivocally that he can't play as a 2 and has to be as a 3. When they tried a 2, he "failed to thrive" so they went back to a 3. (By my research, they never played a 2 at all last season).

I'm putting it down as the same sort of nonsense as saying tarkowski can only play Dyche-ball.
Full disclosure, I am not a Connor Coady expert and truthfully I really have no idea if he can play in a 2 or indeed if he ever has.

Great deal for us especially on loan. Look at it this way, the lad has played as captain for a decent Premier League side and has broken into the England squad and is moving to be able to play and stay in that squad, that's a player that wants to do well. I'm fairly sure that doesn't just become a dreadful player once he's not in a back 3 and we'll be playing a back 3 quite a bit anyway. Really good business for us I think, especially with yesterday's injuries.

Worst case scenario is he's better than Keane and we don't sign him permanently leading to an open spot for Branthwaite to come back into next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.