2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No my point for weeks is that its an enormous risk to gamble that DCL will be fit every week. I wanted an alternative forward signed so we arent reliant on a single player.

We had two goalscorers last year. One was sold and the other cant stay fit. Hoping the injury prone player can stay fit every week is a gamble we cant afford to take. We have no excuse now that it hasn't worked out.
We were working on other deals.
You saw a forward as priority. Many don't agree. Midfield was our worst area last year.
I have no doubt if we had signed a back up striker a month ago and no Midfielders plenty including you would also be giving out.
It's all some people seem to do. We are suffering from past mistakes and rebuilding a squad isn't easy

We were working on other deals.
You saw a forward as priority. Many don't agree. Midfield was our worst area last year.
I have no doubt if we had signed a back up striker a month ago and no Midfielders plenty including you would also be giving out.
It's all some people seem to do. We are suffering from past mistakes and rebuilding a squad isn't easy
Nope, I've consistently said replacing Richarlisons goals was priority because they were the main reason we survived.

We got it wrong yet again. And the solution was obvious.

I dont trust our recruitment. I think its utterly clueless.

I have nothing but praise for Lampard. Yes he is a young manager but he is detailed and knows what he wants to do but can't currently. He is looking to strengthen from the back but also looking to sure up the midfield. Looks to me in spells that his idea of footy is being used but we cannot sustain it because slackness and lack of abilty in some players is holding us back plus the fact we struggle to gain possession because we are quite easy to walk through. I want Lampard at this club for years to let his ideas get across and build slowly but surely. He knows where we lack and he is trying to rectify it albeit with limited funds which will slow any process down.
Give the fellah time and IMO we will be fine

No my point for weeks is that its an enormous risk to gamble that DCL will be fit every week. I wanted an alternative forward signed so we arent reliant on a single player.

We had two goalscorers last year. One was sold and the other cant stay fit. Hoping the injury prone player can stay fit every week is a gamble we cant afford to take. We have no excuse now that it hasn't worked out.

Whilst I agree we need a CF what if the CF we want isnt for sale yet until later in the window and/or we need to negotiate a price / structure to be able to afford them ?

Its not like Fifa where you can just lob a bid in and 2 days later its accepted and you can play them the following fixture !

Nope, I've consistently said replacing Richarlisons goals was priority because they were the main reason we survived.

We got it wrong yet again. And the solution was obvious.

I dont trust our recruitment. I think its utterly clueless.
Again that's your own opinion
There was a poll done I think here where the majority of posters said midfield was the priority to improve .

What if the CF we want isnt for sale yet until later in the window and/or we need to negotiate a price / structure to be able to afford them ?

Its not like Fifa where you can just lob bid in and 2 days later its accepted and you can play them the following fixture !
We should have had the deal lined up before we sold Richarlison for big money. Thats what organised, well run, competent football clubs do.

Again that's your own opinion
There was a poll done I think here where the majority of posters said midfield was the priority to improve .
My opinion is that opinion is extremely wrong. Not replacing the goalscorer who kept us up is a recipe for relegation.

I find it delusional people can think the team has improved when we go into a season with those forward options. They are the worst in the league by a huge margin.

We should have had the deal lined up before we sold Richarlison for big money. Thats what organised, well run, competent football clubs do.

If Lampard and Thelwell want someone and they need to wait / take time to secure the deal then it is what it is !

I like Frank, he’s getting a spirit going on and off the field. Give him time and I think he could turn this club round. Look at Arteta this time last year. Bottom of the league and fans wanted him gone. I think Frank has more in his locker than Arteta. Just give him some time to get this club where it belongs.

Whilst I agree we need a CF what if the CF we want isnt for sale yet until later in the window and/or we need to negotiate a price / structure to be able to afford them ?

Its not like Fifa where you can just lob a bid in and 2 days later its accepted and you can play them the following fixture !
Exactly, it's pretty clear in an ideal world he wants Broja but Chelsea have taken their time making decisions on fringe players future. We've maybe been a bit too patient waiting for our first choice target but sometimes it ends up worth it. Until Monday it wasn't looking that urgent, although should maybe have left the Simms loan til the end of the window just in case.

My opinion is that opinion is extremely wrong. Not replacing the goalscorer who kept us up is a recipe for relegation.

I find it delusional people can think the team has improved when we go into a season with those forward options. They are the worst in the league by a huge margin.
Again that is your opinion.
And amazingly it does not mean it is right.

Absolutely had to shore up back and centre mid, we need goals in the side, but even without a striker today, we conceded due to a silly pen against a top side with abundance of forward options. Think if we can keep it tighter than last year we will always be in with a chance of nicking results as opposed to being behind and folding with a weak defeated mentality - much better and hopefully3 or 4 still to come in - keep faith

Points are being thrown down the drain.

Its been yet another shambles by the club. I'm fed up with them being utterly incapable of finding solutions to the most obvious of problems.

Lets be honest we were never competing for europe this season likewise losing 1 game out of 38 isn't going to see us relegated.

Providing the squad is at a good level for future seasons I'm more than happy to let them take their time to do the right business.

Rushing around panic buying is what ends you up with the Toshun's of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.