2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we actually played better today than we did in the victory last season. That in was all about the passion of the crowd driving the players on, an unbelievable display from Pickford and a huge amount of luck. Today, if we had got a pont, it would have been well deserved. Tarkowski and Patterson look a huge upgrade, Mykolnko's improvement continues as does Iwobi's.

It was a blow to lose today, but, with the incoming midfield improvements we are just a decent centre forward away from comfortable mid table.

Really bizarre second half from them, thought they’d push on at us and score a couple more to set a marker yet they seemingly had no interest in killing us off

They aren't very good and Tuchel's tactics are extremely negative and dull.

We get at least a draw if we have a normal PL level set of forwards. Even mediocre ones.

The lack of threat up front is a concern, however overall I felt that today was a solid performance with many positives to take from it.

If we play like that or similar, we’ll be more than fine as long as we get a striker in.

Maybe I'm glass half empty, but today just confirmed my concerns. We can strengthen all we like in other positions but the squad has no goals whatsoever and we are going down unless a good forward is signed as soon as possible.

Maybe I'm glass half empty, but today just confirmed my concerns. We can strengthen all we like in other positions but the squad has no goals whatsoever and we are going down unless a good forward is signed as soon as possible.

We’ll get a forward in and DCL will return. This team, if they play like that, won’t be going down - not even close.

We’ll get a forward in and DCL will return
. This team, if they play like that, won’t be going down - not even close.

Neither of those things are certain. Until they happen, I'm very worried. DCL's long term fitness is just a massive question mark at this point. It's naive to think anything else.

We’ll get a forward in and DCL will return. This team, if they play like that, won’t be going down - not even close.

This. Be organised and defend like that against most of the sides in this league who don't have Thiago Silva and his telepathic understanding of where a ball is going to be hit and we'll be comfortably mid table.

Neither of those things are certain. Until they happen, I'm very worried. DCL's long term fitness is just a massive question mark at this point. It's naive to think anything else.
Tim they’re not going all season with one striker, and Rondon. Unfortunately it seems that we just need to be patient because with our targets.

With Onana wrapped up, and Gueye almost done, I think the focus will be on a backup.

Even if they don’t happen (and they will), we are miles better than last year.

Corners aside (which were freak in frequency and well defended), Chelsea hardly lay a glove on us.

I think we actually played better today than we did in the victory last season. That in was all about the passion of the crowd driving the players on, an unbelievable display from Pickford and a huge amount of luck. Today, if we had got a pont, it would have been well deserved. Tarkowski and Patterson look a huge upgrade, Mykolnko's improvement continues as does Iwobi's.

It was a blow to lose today, but, with the incoming midfield improvements we are just a decent centre forward away from comfortable mid table.

Will have to be a decent forward though because even those incoming midfielders they dont look scorers. The midfielders at this club really have to start chipping in with goals.

Tim they’re not going all season with one striker, and Rondon. Unfortunately it seems that we just need to be patient because with our targets.

With Onana wrapped up, and Gueye almost done, I think the focus will be on a backup.

We don't need a back up. We need a viable alternative because DCL is not reliable with injuries.

I couldn't care less about other positions right now because the lack of goals will cost us points every week. Chelsea were there for the taking and we couldn't because the recruitment has been crap and left the manager high and dry.

Even if they don’t happen (and they will), we are miles better than last year.

Corners aside (which were freak in frequency and well defended), Chelsea hardly lay a glove on us.

We literally can't be miles better if we have no goals. Being good at the stuff that doesn't matter in football does not win points.

Status
Not open for further replies.