2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the managers job to get the best out of what is available. Not saying either are ready full term but he let Simms go this week and Dobbin who can play up front. It should never have got to this point, Rondon was suspended from last yr so he knew that at least this game he would only have Dom. Just plain bad management from him and Thelwell

Kevin Thelwell has full control over transfers. Try again with your bizarre agenda.

Truthfully, I’d be more concerned if I was Chelsea fan. After spending the best £170m and serving up that, I’d mighty worried
The lack of threat up front is a concern, however overall I felt that today was a solid performance with many positives to take from it.

If we play like that or similar, we’ll be more than fine as long as we get a striker in.

Right I have had time to digest on the way home. That could of been much worse

Negatives

We are impotent as an attacking force like we expected. Not getting the Rich replacement in before the start of the season given DCL’s track record was negligent.

Godfrey - I feel desperately sorry for the lad. Sadly it was self induced by a lack of quality and bravery in possession. It is actually not a big loss. He is not good enough and I can’t see him getting there

Mina - inevitable. See you in 2 months.

Gordon & Gray - Both looked short of the level required. Gordon blowing out his backside just before half time

Dele - he would have taken that chance in his pomp without thinking. Very sad

McNeil - This was not a game for him. He will prove useful against weaker opposition. Not dynamic enough to counter Chelsea

Positive

Tarks - Assured performance and clearly a proper leader. I was worried about him playing on the side of the back 3 because of a lack of pace but read the game well

Mykolenko - it is lovely to see a player improve like this. Becoming a reliable performer. A decent cross in the first half and a goal saving block in the second

Holgate - Did well when he came on. Better player than Godfrey IMO. If we were to sign Coady. Having Coady and Tarks alongside him would bring out the best in him

Patterson - There we’re some wobbly moments. He let Sterling get by him far to easily in the first half but there were some real signs of potential like that driving run for the Dele chance

Iwobi - MOTM for me. It is incredible what confidence can do.

As for the manager it is difficult to be critical. He is operating under very difficult circumstances. Personally I would of started will Dele. Also I wonder if letting Sims go was a mistake

Things could be worse. We could be Villa fans tonight. We play them next in a huge game. Lose and big pressure on the Forest home game

Status
Not open for further replies.