Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know - I was going to say Mahrez but he joined Leicester when they were in the championship and TBH I don't think he ripped the PL apart when they almost got relegated.

There are enough examples of immediate successes though (also enough examples of those that took time and those that failed... but thats the nature of all transfers though)

Agreed . All transfers are a risk and I just don’t have faith in us based on previous deals. The one thing I will say regarding our recruitment this time tho, is that at least it looks like we have a plan, and are signing players of the right age when spending money and picking up older players on frees and for small fees.

I mean, he made 42 appearances for them last season out of a possible 48.

He was a 19/20 year old, stepping up from bundesliga2 and being managed into the team around their senior midfielders.

Have you watched him play much to comment on his passing? As he supposedly barely played so not sure where that judgement is coming from.

But sure, let's get on the kids back before he is even announced.

He played 1689 minutes thats the equivalent of 18 full games played across all competitions.

He played 1254 minutes in the league thats the equivalent of 13 full games played.

In comparison Gordon stepping up from the championship played 40 games across all competitions playing 2721 minutes which is 30 full games played. Having played 2286 minutes in the league last season across 31 games thats the equivalent of 25 full games played.

Had some experience in 2.Bundesliga, and in Ligue 1.

Think it’s importantly to remember he’s a young lad, so at least he has some experience in him, especially with the 2.Bundesliga, which is quite physical.

Wish him well.
Transition from Ligue 1 to the PL isn't often seen as a difficult one due to its growing physicality: lots of French/Belgian players come here and thrive.

Hope he’s as good as his valuation suggests but bear in mind Lille paid £6.3m for him 12 months ago according to
Really wish we were picking up these players at that stage rather than funding other clubs profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.