Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought Kenwright was just a 'figurehead' nowadays.

Well he sorted the deal to sell Richarlison so I'd imagine he'd be sorting the deal to buy onana.

If Richarlison was £50m for a prover PL player that get double digits in goals every season and onana is £30m with a 20% profit of all future fee being completely unproven in the PL and only 11 league starts last season. Then we either let Richarlison go cheap or we are over paying for onana.

I'm sorry to be negative but I think this is a poor deal I'm made up we got a player in where we need one and he looks a talent but we will need to sell him for £37m to get any profit back on this kid and it looks like we have also gave him some fairly hefty wages as well.

I just think making a kid whos never played in the PL before our 3rd most expensive signing is a risk. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing and he smashes it.

There is a big difference if you have a guy like Luis Campos and not a zero like Brands doing the transfers. Onana bought for 7M and sold for 40M. Gomes bought for 25M and value now about 0M.
Campos had left Lille when they signed him.

But hey, you clearly have some unresolved Brands issues you need to express.

Hazard took a while to grow.
34 league games 9 goals in his first season... wish our players took that time to grow.

Lloris is another for sure. Gana at villa?? lol

I'd say that it's a coin toss if he will be immediate, but I really hope that Gana has been brought in as a mentor of sorts.

It's not like it's the German or Dutch league which IMO is way more sketchy for immediate impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.