Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is 20 years old mate.

Hes got a LOT of improving to do.

Its the downside of buying young players, lucky for him he has 1 of the best midfielders of his era to learn from.

But he is most def a work in progress and will need patience.
Totally agree it’s just that if we’re struggling with ffp why don’t we spend all the money on players who are guaranteed to make us stronger? I hope he proves us wrong but Lille have done well here

Its the downside of buying young players, lucky for him he has 1 of the best midfielders of his era to learn from.

He'll get a good 60 minutes full support from me MG before the good old boo-omiter gets brought out.

Well obviously, Kenwright isnt a scout, which is why he isnt responsible for the rubbish squad we have now

So your giving him the credit for Onana, but the crap we've signed over the last six years has nothing to do with him. You are an utter weirdo or the biggest wum on the site and when I can be bothered your going on ignore.

With this kind of Dogs of War midfield it does put a lot of pressure on the wing backs to create chances. Don't get me wrong, it's an exciting tactic but it's very dependent on creating chances from the wings and Doucoure steamrolling through the center. We will be tough to beat but I do see us resorting to Lee Chapman hopeful balls in the last 30 minutes. I hated that C word.

I’m not too excited, barely played for Lille and his passing is not too good and feels like another doucoure.
I mean, he made 42 appearances for them last season out of a possible 48.

He was a 19/20 year old, stepping up from bundesliga2 and being managed into the team around their senior midfielders.

Have you watched him play much to comment on his passing? As he supposedly barely played so not sure where that judgement is coming from.

But sure, let's get on the kids back before he is even announced.

I’m not too excited, barely played for Lille and his passing is not too good and feels like another doucoure.
Agree, there’s still a big lack of craft and guile in that midfield.

Still, we’re down the bottom of the league in terms of quality and if you’re not going to be dominating teams you at least need to be able to compete when the going gets tough and battle.

This guy and Gana will hopefully shore that up and take pressure of the defence which has been left totally exposed the last year or two.

Goals are going to be hard to come by this season, so are chances, we need to be more solid as a minimum.

I mean, he made 42 appearances for them last season out of a possible 48.

He was a 19/20 year old, stepping up from bundesliga2 and being managed into the team around their senior midfielders.

Have you watched him play much to comment on his passing? As he supposedly barely played so not sure where that judgement is coming from.

But sure, let's get on the kids back before he is even announced.
Come on, it’s not the Everton way to let facts get in the way of knee-jerk, flippant remarks.

Think it was the vids from his time in Germany that showed what his potential is, looked like he was given free reign to drive forward there and some of those runs and through balls... Oh my

Status
Not open for further replies.