Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder if that's a big chunk of the Everton attraction to him, too.

He's Senegalese by birth, a defensive mid, a Ligue 1 player who has seen Gana up close (I'm guessing)... the guy could well be one of his heroes.

Gana and him both came to England from Lille too

Ligue 1 to Premier League is nowhere near the same jump as Ukraine to England like. It's more that he's very raw as a player.

But Ligue 1 really isn't some tinpot league. The players that play there now are often a very good fit for the PL, much better than Serie A or the Bundesliga.

Agree though, he'll need time, which is why the Gana signing makes sense.

He honestly isn't that raw mate

I think in terms of a signing, it’s a relatively risk free in terms of return.

We saw with Moise Kean, that a young hyped talent could actually fetch a profit.

We’re not talking a washed up Gomes, Bolasie, Sigurdsson here, we’ll actually make a return on him (even if he flops).

If he becomes the next hot commodity (see Cucurella etc) then you could turn a huge profit very quickly.
Look at Fofana: signed for about the same price, probably an overpayment but would’ve also been instalments etc (kind of the norm in France).

He’s coming off the back of missing most of the season injured and he’s still about to net Leicester a massive profit. The market for young guys with potential, especially it seems in defensive positions, is wild.

I think in terms of a signing, it’s a relatively risk free in terms of return.

We saw with Moise Kean, that a young hyped talent could actually fetch a profit.

We’re not talking a washed up Gomes, Bolasie, Sigurdsson here, we’ll actually make a return on him (even if he flops).

If he becomes the next hot commodity (see Cucurella etc) then you could turn a huge profit very quickly.

You don't see risk with paying £35m for a player who only started 11 times for a team who finished 10th in France?

In his career, he has completed 90 minutes in the top flight five times.

It's really rather fortunate for this lad that when he inevitably makes a mistake (that is usual for a young player) the Goodison crowd is notoriously understanding and will activity encourage him to move on.

No anger, only love.

Status
Not open for further replies.