2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard and Thelwell will be looking at a forward although we know it isn't that easy, plus Lampard did make reference to having three weeks left.

I thought his comment of us having a number nine in Salmon Rondon, "as such", was quite telling would tell you that he's aware of our weakness up front.

Am I the only one who also felt that Lampard didn't appear too vibrant?
I think he's trying to curb any great expectations mate, but with this squad does anybody expect much?

I think he's trying to curb any great expectations mate, but with this squad does anybody expect much?
I think hes mostly trying to attend a required press conference, without giving anything away and answering questions. The time a manager, DOF, or anyone in charge should be giving honest info and clues is after the window closes, not during it. I know fans have an obsession with information, but any good negotiator doesnt want to say a word publicly while the window is open. Its the fools that cant keep their tongue curbed when a journalist probes them.

Lampard and Thelwell will be looking at a forward although we know it isn't that easy, plus Lampard did make reference to having three weeks left.

I thought his comment of us having a number nine in Salmon Rondon, "as such", was quite telling would tell you that he's aware of our weakness up front.

Am I the only one who also felt that Lampard didn't appear too vibrant?

I’m not vibrant about Everton so I can’t blame him for lack of vibrancy

I get that and likewise with @Pittsburgh Footy's view of appreciating the situation is important although on the other hand I do feel that (some) optimism is needed.

The club and in particular the management, like ourselves, need to be realistic, but it's a new season and some buoyancy wouldn't go amiss.

If the camp is already solemn, what chance do we have? I may be reading into it too much etc etc. however I did have a feeling about the whole conference.

It’s a new season and stranger things have happened, it won’t be like last season.

Remember finishing 4th after selling Rooney and signing Marcus Bent? Not saying thats going to happen but you must have some optimism.

I think a combination of realism - ie, we're not going to be competitive and if we're not careful we'll be in jeopardy again

+

Some sort of "I'm the guy for this job, I'm committed to rebuilding EFC to former glory, supporters will need some patience but we're going to replace these chaotic cycles with steady, if at times frustratingly slow, growth"

Would work for me. And I think FL fits that bill

Seemed a bit down during his presser. You'd think if he had a new midfield coming in he'd be a happier. Looked like a man who's had a few knockbacks.

Seemed a bit down during his presser. You'd think if he had a new midfield coming in he'd be a happier. Looked like a man who's had a few knockbacks.

Exactly this. My good season is comfortable by end of March, get through another season's worth of dead wood contracts. Allows us then to do something next summer, perhaps

Yeah I think we need to be realistic here

This will be a long arduous season

Get to safety as soon as possible

Anything else is a bonus

Right now it’s about keeping our heads above water till the stadium is built and the dead wood shifted

Status
Not open for further replies.