Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we got Belotti while we had the chance on a free...
I will get flamed for this, but I think we would be better off playing Dele.

I don’t think Belotti would succeed, plus he would want a multi year deal on huge wages. It’s the kind of thing we should steer clear of.

Would rather take a punt on one of the younger Ligue 1 guys. Wish we had signed that Bayo who went to Lille for less than 15m

I will get flamed for this, but I think we would be better off playing Dele.

I don’t think Belotti would succeed, plus he would want a multi year deal on huge wages. It’s the kind of thing we should steer clear of.

Would rather take a punt on one of the younger Ligue 1 guys. Wish we had signed that Bayo who went to Lille for less than 15m
We aren't good at picking players from France to be fair. Most seem to fail.

Trying to give Kenny and Broadhead new deals are both a symptom of why Everton are in this position as well as a necessity, it’s like a self fulfilling cycle. Give crap players deals that they didn’t earn and spend unnecessary money on them, leading to giving crap players deals that they didn’t warn and spend unnecessary money on them.

This isn’t new either, we had the same thing with McAleny, Garbutt and Pennington. The club is absolutely petrified of letting players go for free despite the fact that none of these players will ever be worth anything at 23 or 24 and still playing for the reserves. This then leads to any potential money that we could get most of the time at best breaking even on the stupid contracts we give them.

These lads are probably on at least £10k-£20k a week if not more, that’s £1m a year for probably 2 or 3 years for a player that won’t ever even be worth £1m himself.

It’s baffling.
Chelsea do the same. But they make a fortune from it.. They work basically like a car rental company for footballers.

Matt Law told the London Is Blue Podcast (37mins):

“Billy I’m 99% sure will leave on loan again at some point in this window, and if you’re asking me today where I think he’ll go it would be Everton."

“I know Everton have got other targets. They’ve got quite a few midfield targets and I think they’re waiting to see how the market pans out.

“From what I’m told, Lampard thinks Gilmour can play brilliantly alongside somebody with legs… If Everton sign Idrissa Gueye like they’re trying to I actually think that would increase the chances of them then signing Gilmour on loan.

“I think it would actually be great for him because it’s very clear that Frank loves him as a player, loves him as a lad. I think he’d be very encouraging for him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.