Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping Lampard could finally get Anthony Barry in as a coach, so many things that we can improve on. We laughed at the reds getting a throwing coach in a few years back but nothing depresses me more than watching us constantly lose possession when we have a throw, considering the amount of times it occurs in a game then things like this are important.

Size has really nothing to do with being lightweight though mate.

Best midfield we ever had in my lifetime was Reid 5'7 and Bracewell 5'8/5'9

And the league was way more physical back then too.

I've never ever seen Gueye bullied by anyone in a game
The game was more physical in some ways, but less in others. (Tougher tackles back then, but the game’s played at a MUCH higher pace now)

Reckon there’s a decent chance that the average height and weight (due to height and muscle mass) of a footballer has increased significantly since then too.

I was hoping Lampard could finally get Anthony Barry in as a coach, so many things that we can improve on. We laughed at the reds getting a throwing coach in a few years back but nothing depresses me more than watching us constantly lose possession when we have a throw, considering the amount of times it occurs in a game then things like this are important.
I’m 40 years old and we’ve been the absolute worst at taking throw-ins for pretty much my entire life.

DCL one goal or assist every 179 minutes in the Prem.

Batshuayi one goal or assist every 114 minutes in the Prem.
The trouble with those stats are Batshuayi has scored most of his goals for a team that creates loads of chances and won games. DCL got his playing for us. Even Aguero would struggle with the dross we've had supplying assists over the last few years.

DCL one goal or assist every 179 minutes in the Prem.

Batshuayi one goal or assist every 114 minutes in the Prem.

Out of interest, in the season where he got 4 for Palace, what happened ? Was he just left on the bench because of Zaha or something ?

Trying to work it out. Is this the most underwhelming transfer window since 11/12 when all we got in were Gibson and Jelavic (plus Pienaar on loan)? Or is it closer to 10/11 when we had to feel grateful for getting Vellios, Gueye plus Beckford on a free?

Perhaps 11/12 the better comparison given that was the year we flogged Arteta to Arsenal?

Edit: Jelavic and Gibson came in the January window. What a preceding summer that must have been.

Trying to work it out. Is this the most underwhelming transfer window since 11/12 when all we got in were Gibson and Jelavic (plus Pienaar on loan)? Or is it closer to 10/11 when we had to feel grateful for getting Vellios, Gueye plus Beckford on a free?

Perhaps 11/12 the better comparison given that was the year we flogged Arteta to Arsenal?

Edit: Jelavic and Gibson came in the January window. What a preceding summer that must have been.
No it is not, Tarkowski is a great addition and our first choice CB, and McNeil hopefully carries on like he did the other day, he has got quality that is obvious. The window is not finished yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.