Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornet scores some goals but creates very little. McNeil doesn't score but creates quite a lot. We need both scorers and creative players. Neither is a much better signing than the other IMO, but I'd prefer McNeil because I'd rather see us missing chances than not creating any.
I think this is a good way to look at it. We desperately need both things. I do think that some are more concerned about the allocation of limited resource more so than the players themselves.

One other factor here is that McNeil is much more suited to how Lampard wants to play and feels like more of a long term investment while Cornet would represent a more tangible and maybe more practical signing. Understandably I think people are skeptical that we’ll be able to play the way Lampard wants, so someone like Cornet might end up being more effective in a pragmatic counter attacking system. I think a lot of people are just not expressing that in a coherent way, to put it lightly.

But yeah I’d prefer the chances getting created rather than relying on someone who might be more of a flash in the pan in Cornet.

It is ironic that we spent a month watching a fantastic miss by Cornet, on what should have been the easiest of goals delivered to him on a platter.

And that the cross came from McNeil. Who doesnt have enough assist stats. I think it was McNeil or Cornet, not both, so I think this one is dead.

I think this is a good way to look at it. We desperately need both things. I do think that some are more concerned about the allocation of limited resource more so than the players themselves.

One other factor here is that McNeil is much more suited to how Lampard wants to play and feels like more of a long term investment while Cornet would represent a more tangible and maybe more practical signing. Understandably I think people are skeptical that we’ll be able to play the way Lampard wants, so someone like Cornet might end up being more effective in a pragmatic counter attacking system. I think a lot of people are just not expressing that in a coherent way, to put it lightly.

But yeah I’d prefer the chances getting created rather than relying on someone who might be more of a flash in the pan in Cornet.
Problem is that when we tried the Lampard way we shipped goals for fun,a preseason and a few dodgy friendlies aren't going to change much. If he doesn't get the effective number 6 he allegedly wants creating chances will be the least of our issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.