Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerned, no. Wishful thinking, yes.
We go with what we've got:
New-Signings-Salomon-Rondon-16.9-.jpg

By

Sure I was reading a while back that Boro fans don't rate him that highly and wouldn't be fussed if he went? May have dreamt this though.
Given that it’s the first time they’ve got their cheque book out 12 million for Tavernier feels more of a “next year in the Championship” signing than battling to stay up.

We go with what we've got:
View attachment 175263
Obviously if United came in with a big offer for DCL we would then go and buy a striker or possibly 2. It's all about opinions. My opinion is i don't rate DCL. When you break down his goal scoring record it is average at best. He had 1 golden spell at the start of Anchelotti's reign for 3 months where he couldn't stop scoring. Then around the November/December time it went. Look at his goal scoring record before and after that 3 month spell. Average. I hope the lad proves me wrong as I like him, however I don't think he is a top striker and if someone came in with serious money, id accept it and hopefully replace with a top striker and possibly a good creative midfielder. But eh ho all about opinions.

Broja has done nothing to command a fee anywhere near 50M.
No he hasn’t but that was being reported as the sort of price they were quoting West Ham - of course it’s quite possible it’s just paper talk and absolute nonsense. Quite possible they are just deterring bids until they work out if they want to keep him. Could see us trying to get him on loan.

This chap from 90minutes mentioned it here. No idea if it’s reliable but the figure has been bandied about in previous articles.

Last edited:
Obviously if United came in with a big offer for DCL we would then go and buy a striker or possibly 2. It's all about opinions. My opinion is i don't rate DCL. When you break down his goal scoring record it is average at best. He had 1 golden spell at the start of Anchelotti's reign for 3 months where he couldn't stop scoring. Then around the November/December time it went. Look at his goal scoring record before and after that 3 month spell. Average. I hope the lad proves me wrong as I like him, however I don't think he is a top striker and if someone came in with serious money, id accept it and hopefully replace with a top striker and possibly a good creative midfielder. But eh ho all about opinions.
Remember when we sold Lukaku and easily replaced him with Tosun and Sandro.

Even if we had the money too strikers don’t rock up to relegation battling clubs, they have far better options,

I like Broja, he's combative which we need, but surely not in the 50m bracket.

Terrier looks a bit Mirallas.

Sesko looks a bit more physical in the DCL mould.

I like Broja, he's combative which we need, but surely not in the 50m bracket.

Terrier looks a bit Mirallas.

Sesko looks a bit more physical in the DCL mould.

…tend to agree. Broja is the type of signing, though, that would make a huge difference in us staying up. i think Sesko is similar in that respect, but from what I read it’s Man Utd who are interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.