• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. There are numerous things that I am personally, and we as a society are, intolerant of and rightly so.
It's not the way forward on this issue. You're effectively equating this with, say, child abuse.

I would say that one is obviously a more severe problem than the other, as it involves a completely helpless person, and therefore merits a more serious social response.

Reasonable people can disagree on this one, and so I would suggest that an approach aimed at persuasion is likely to be more effective than absolute intolerance.

I think refusal to support a campaign is completely different to hate speech or homophobia.
This is my feeling to be honest.
We’ll never know how that conversation went down.

‘Gana mate we’re all wearing rainbow laces to support LGBTQ+ rights’
‘Ok I have no problem with that but I’m going to not participate myself as I don’t feel strongly about the situation and it’s a taboo subject in my country’

‘Gana mate we’re all wearing rainbow laces to support LGBTQ+ rights’
‘F those **** they will all go to hell for their life choices’

Who knows what really happened?

It's fine mate. No worries. But isn't that the whole point of this debate in that we're all entitled to different opinions. Peace to you too.

He's a bit like Lukaku in the fact that I wasn't that upset he left as he wasn't going to take us to the next level, but since then our levels have dropped and it would be nice to get back to where we were and he probably fits that bill even 3 years on.

It's not the way forward on this issue. You're effectively equating this with, say, child abuse.

I would say that one is obviously a more severe problem than the other, as it involves a completely helpless person, and therefore merits a more serious social response.

Reasonable people can disagree on this one, and so I would suggest that an approach aimed at persuasion is likely to be more effective than absolute intolerance.
I'm not equating anything with anything. I asked a question to a person who says they believe that we should respect a person's right to their beliefs and essentially asked where do we draw the line. It is not useful to centre your thoughts on an issue like this on the axiom that all beliefs must be tolerated despite the content and implications of those beliefs.

Most importantly our discussion should be would he start ahead of Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gbamin and improve us.

My thoughts, yes by a mile. So get him in.

If we sign Gana it does not mean our buisness is done for midfielders.

I believe salah has, did Mane? I can't see anything about him wearing the laces.
Can’t be certain about Mane. It’s really frustrating to be talking about these topics in the year 2022. I do believe now please let me know if I’m wrong. But aren’t certain countries in Africa really against being gay. To a point where it’s against the law?. I respect all religions and cultures even if I don’t agree with them. Now what gana did I’m okay with even if I don’t agree with it. That’s his Belief and refused to wear the rainbow shirt or laces. As I said shame we talk about this still.

Get him back so long as it's cheap and he's on old man's wages. Will do a job until ffp or whatever releases its noose. We need action in midfield.

As for the rest of the baggage- I don't agree with his view, but I agree with his right to have it.
Do you agree that players should have the option to pick and choose which matches they make themselves available for based on their views? There are views and then there are direct actions took as a result of those views.

Status
Not open for further replies.