• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came in expecting loads of homophobe shouts… looks around and yep… loads of homophobe shouts.

Not much mention that it was actually due to his religion and it was a flag on a shirt that was being used for celebrating a day of LGBT rights. Not much mention that loads of other professional footballers and other sports people started a hashtag supporting him in his religious beliefs, in fact not much mention about these other people full stop…. Checks around…. Nope not much mention at all.

Not much mention of the amazing work with childrens charities, not much mention of the vast amounts of money he’s used for said charities, nope… let’s just jump on the bandwagon because he expressed his own religious views and had the commitment to stand by them.

Of course, pure homophobes are a disgrace, you know, those that target, hurts and abuse people for their own personal life choices should be hit with the full force of the law…

Most rightful thinking people detest those morons but whilst you are ranting and raving about LGBT all being quite rightly entitled to their choices and rights try remembering that strongly religious people are also entitled to their rights, especially if they are not hurting anyone or causing trouble…

He didn’t play as he didn’t want to be seen supporting something that he doesn’t believe in…he never hurt anyone.

I wonder what turn his personal life would have taken from family and friends and fellow Muslims if he had of played.

Easy to sit back and play the righteous perfect angels when you are not standing in the shoes of the person you are condemning.

By the way, right now he improves our crap midfield.

Weird take. Has any African player in the premier league refused to wear rainbow laces for example? Even if they have, it’s never been publicised whereas with Gueye the facts are all there.

Are you saying people should be fine with a a known homophobe who hides behind idiotic religious beliefs as a justification for his discriminatory, totally incorrect views?
There it is.

I don't understand why anyone should have a belief forced upon them. If he doesn't want to support the LBGTQ then he doesn't need to?

Why is anyone publicly required to support something that they don't believe in?

Now this decision is effecting his work opportunities.

From a footballing point of view, its a great decision to bring him back, he knows the club, understands the fans and financially allows us to use the money elsewhere.
He’s free to hold whatever beliefs he wants, but I’d rather people with these views weren’t associated with this club.

Whatever happened to individuals being allowed an opinion in this world. We continously bang on about how much we hate the RS. Isn't that a form of bigotry. We can't all agree on exactly the same issues. If he's good enough as a footballer that will do for me if not then, no. Simple.
You obviously haven't a family member who qualifies for facial reconstruction surgery after being assaulted by people who have this 'opinion'.

These opinions filter down and empowers and enables lowlife who think they have 'right' on their side.

Your 'bigotry' comparison is, quite frankly, shocking!

I don't understand why anyone should have a belief forced upon them. If he doesn't want to support the LBGTQ then he doesn't need to?

Why is anyone publicly required to support something that they don't believe in?

Now this decision is effecting his work opportunities.

From a footballing point of view, its a great decision to bring him back, he knows the club, understands the fans and financially allows us to use the money elsewhere.

No it’s not! This is such a ridiculous shout

An opinion? Jesus Christ bro we’re not talking about “do you like pineapple on pizza?” here.
It's still an opinion. We can't all agree on everything. We can't be made to believe in something if we believe in something else. I personally am a very open person and have no prejudices at all but once we start telling people you've got to like this and you've got to believe in that, we then become the oppressors.

Nah he is 33, his ship has sailed.

This is exactly the sort of signing we shouldn't be making, loan or not.
Let's find the next Gana not the old one.
He was great for us at the time but times have moved on.
I don't doubt he can still play footy but let's get a long term option in rather than a stop gap.
This is not a sustainable move with the future in mind. Just a knee jerk nostalgiac dream.

Aside from this yeah he can stick his views up where the sun don't shine.

You obviously haven't a family member who qualifies for facial reconstruction surgery after being assaulted by people who have this 'opinion'.

These opinions filter down and empowers and enables lowlife who think they have 'right' on their side.

Sorry to hear that but this is to the extreme though?

This is part of his religion? I'm not advocating it, i just dont think its a reason not to sign him.

Came in expecting loads of homophobe shouts… looks around and yep… loads of homophobe shouts.

Not much mention that it was actually due to his religion and it was a flag on a shirt that was being used for celebrating a day of LGBT rights. Not much mention that loads of other professional footballers and other sports people started a hashtag supporting him in his religious beliefs, in fact not much mention about these other people full stop…. Checks around…. Nope not much mention at all.

Not much mention of the amazing work with childrens charities, not much mention of the vast amounts of money he’s used for said charities, nope… let’s just jump on the bandwagon because he expressed his own religious views and had the commitment to stand by them.

Of course, pure homophobes are a disgrace, you know, those that target, hurts and abuse people for their own personal life choices should be hit with the full force of the law…

Most rightful thinking people detest those morons but whilst you are ranting and raving about LGBT all being quite rightly entitled to their choices and rights try remembering that strongly religious people are also entitled to their rights, especially if they are not hurting anyone or causing trouble…

He didn’t play as he didn’t want to be seen supporting something that he doesn’t believe in…he never hurt anyone.

I wonder what turn his personal life would have taken from family and friends and fellow Muslims if he had of played.

Easy to sit back and play the righteous perfect angels when you are not standing in the shoes of the person you are condemning.

I think you need to think this point through a little more. Are you saying that we must respect any belief as long as it is codified by or incorporated into a religion? Because if that's what your are saying, that's terrifying. No belief is beyond scrutiny and criticism, regardless of whether it sits in a wider set of beliefs or how popular the belief is.

Some of the BS coming out of some posters on here is scary.

Not much mention that loads of other professional footballers and other sports people started a hashtag supporting him in his religious beliefs, in fact not much mention about these other people full stop…. Checks around…. Nope not much mention at all.
Yeah it's mad that more people are talking about Gana in a thread about him signing for us than are talking about some random other players with the same opinion isn't it? Just can't understand it myself.

I'd be interested to see what his opinion was if one of his teammates refused to wear the shirt because it had the no room for racism logo on it. Somehow I feel like them saying 'i'm allowed my opinion' wouldn't be tolerated as much.

The religion argument falls away for me when you remember he was perfectly happy to wear a SportPesa shirt here

Yep, gotta lead by example... alls Gana did was dip out of one game... theres some bad examples of active wrong-uns in far higher positions.
Just out of interest, how many of his immediate and extended family live back home in Senegal? What might his position do to their standing in their respective communities?

Boo!! Hiss!! outrage!! etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.