Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just religion though, gambling is legal in senegal whereas same sex marriage etc isn't. That's what he has grown up with etc. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not quite so straightforward.
It is really straightforward. He is not living in Senegal, he is living in France. The law differs. It is also 2022 and he is also a man in his thirties with the ability to make his own decisions based on what he believes is right or wrong. Would it be okay for another player to 'claim' that women are not entitled to an education due to religious reasons and refuse to wear a shirt that supports education for women?

There it is.

So is it because it's illegal in Senegal or because he's Muslim? Because if it was the Muslim thing you would expect the same attitude to drinking and gambling promotions on the shirt he wears.

He's picked and chosen what he will and won't support and it isn't consistent with the religion. If you're going to follow the Quran to the letter of the law and use that to defend the objection to supporting the LGBT community.
I've never mentioned it's because of "the Muslim thing". Again, who has said he didn't wear it due to religion? He certainly hasn't come out and said that. And I can't see any quotes from those around him or his club to say that. All I can see if other groups 'claiming' it.

treating all people as equals is something he disagrees with, thats fascist.

if he didnt want to be a billboard he shouldnt have signed a contract with a professional football club.

more extreme stupidity
he has the right to think differently and be different.

I respect his right. Even if he is wrong.

he has the right to.play pro football and earn a living regardless of his beliefs.

I would wear the jersey but would not fall out with him about it.

live and let live etc.

I find your opinion fascist. and stupid.

but I respect your right to it.

keep on goose-stepping, bro!!

i assume you supported suarez giving racist abuse cos its okay in Uruguay?

Theres no correlation.

I have no idea of his motives. Neither does anyone on this forum i imagine.

Not sure why hes being 'abused' or 'acused' for refusing to support something illegal in his home country.

Leave the bloke to it. Who knows his motives?

I've never mentioned it's because of "the Muslim thing". Again, who has said he didn't wear it due to religion? He certainly hasn't come out and said that. And I can't see any quotes from those around him or his club to say that. All I can see if other groups 'claiming' it.
Ok so if it isn't religion then it's just simple run of the mill bigotry.

Glad we came to the same conclusion.

yeh was all just massive coincidence :dodgy:

Alcohol + Betting are NOT illegal in Senegal as far as Im aware.

He is Senegalese. I assume he has family in Senegal.

We have no idea at all if he or his family would suffer a backlash for promoting what is ILLEGAL in that country.

You should respect this persons right.

Think of all the things which are illegal in UK and imagine a British footballer promoting them overseas for his work.

Thats what youre (all) calling for him to do...

Pretty shocking tbh.
His rights should absolutely be respected but if his views are fundamentally in opposition to the values of the club then he shouldn’t be signed.

He also shouldn’t be signed because I imagine he’d be a massively spent force in the PL by this stage.

Big nope from me.

he has the right to think differently and be different.

I respect his right. Even if he is wrong.

he has the right to.play pro football and earn a living regardless of his beliefs.

I would wear the jersey but would not fall out with him about it.

live and let live etc.

I find your opinion fascist. and stupid.

but I respect your right to it.

keep on goose-stepping, bro!!

he has but if the views are discriminatory he should be prepared to be an outcast.
i KNOW your opinion is fascist and stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.