Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

That reaction is comical. I honestly burst out laughing.

Why on earth is it so outrageous for a left footed player to start as a RB?

Kyle Walker Peters and Livaremento plays both sides because they worked on it. Can we not believe Mykolenko can adapt to that?

As said, there's a statistical obstacle only to left footers staring at RB. Only 10% of the population are left sided.

Ok dave … then why are most LB left footed?

Seeing as only 10% of people are left handed

I actually like the profile of players so far. Both have something to prove, might actually want to be here, and fill gaps in our squad.

Makes a change from us overpaying for players we don’t need in positions already well stocked or buying players who are only here for a certain manager or a massive pay packet or to be in the shop window for a bigger club.
I'm happy with "shop window for a bigger club". It means they have quality and will actually try.

Sounds like we shouldn't have bothered in your eyes:

To be fair to @davek at the time he made that comment Baines was where Coleman is now, needing to retire for his own good.

He still had class on the ball of course but defensively he couldn’t stop a cross to save his life by that point he’d lost all his pace and we were absolutely crying out for a new LB when Digne arrived.

In his prime he was absolutely miles better than Digne and in my view miles better than the likes of Chilwell Robertson Shaw etc. but by this point he’d become a liability for Everton’s defence much like Coleman is now.

For as badly run as we are, people would do well to remember that we can be working on the signing of first 11 players while at the same time still be signing cheap, low-risk cover for Left-Back.

Major targets where more negotiation is needed will always take more time.

To be fair to @davek at the time he made that comment Baines was where Coleman is now, needing to retire for his own good.

He still had class on the ball of course but defensively he couldn’t stop a cross to save his life by that point he’d lost all his pace and we were absolutely crying out for a new LB when Digne arrived.

In his prime he was absolutely miles better than Digne and in my view miles better than the likes of Chilwell Robertson Shaw etc. but by this point he’d become a liability for Everton’s defence much like Coleman is now.
There was never a stage in Baines' career, up to the day he retired where KENEDY was a better option than him at left back in the PL. Never.

I'm happy with "shop window for a bigger club". It means they have quality and will actually try.

I’d say there was probably two players who fit that category for us recently in Lukaku and Kean who basically dropped down a level to try and get themselves playing regularly and a move to a bigger club. One was obviously a success and the other a failure. I just think there’s something about lads in a dressing room looking at a player thinking ‘he’ll be off at any point and doesn’t really care if we win or lose here’

I just think we need to get a bit back towards where Moyes had us with a core of players who wanted to win for Everton. It didn’t happen as they ultimately weren’t good enough/bit unlucky with injuries at times etc. but I’d take multiple qualifications for europe over what’s been served up recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.