Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this transfer happens, what is important is what we do next. If we don't get the other more important pieces of business done, then this will have been a waste of time. If we do get the key additions, then this is ok. My concern is that we usually don't prioritise the right positions and end up with a very unbalanced squad. Time will tell.
We clearly will Get others in

We have cleared out a number of players at the end of their contracts who most wanted out.
We have lost a couple of ex players from coaching roles who some wanted to see done
We have brought in what most would accept is an improvement at the back

We are close to the brink in terms of FFP and P&S rules so not sure what we expecting really. Obviously we would like to not lose Richie and want to see strengthening, but I am ever optimistic
Agreed.
After much talk about how there needs to be change, such as being more frugal, I am hopeful this is why we haven’t bought anyone yet.
At the beginning of the transfer window everyone wants top dollar for their players. Maybe it’s just we are simply negotiating harder.
I’d be amazed if no further players turn up at Finch farm.

That’s not the concern though. Yes, they may not rate Nkonkou and want cover, fair enough.

The concern is there are far more pressing areas of the squad that should have been addressed as a major priority; as in, all guns blazing.

Get your lb cover when you’re relatively happy with the rest of your business

It doesn’t really matter what order they are signed in.

Plus perhaps we see this one as a quick gettable target.

The club can work on more than one transfer at a time btw

Moving a left back, who is improving week on week, to the opposite side, is the sort of tactic that gets a side relegated. We won't be doing it.
We need different formations at the back. We cant use 3 all the time. Vinagre slotting in at LB and Mykolenko at RB in a four if Coleman is unavailable makes perfect sense.

Believe it or not good professionals can play off both flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.