2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
pict--american-football-positions-diagram-defensive-strategy---46-defence.png--diagram-flowchart-example.png

Like this.
That's the 46 defence, made famous by the Chicago Bears. I can only imagine how quickly Michael Keane would crumble.

That's the 46 defence, made famous by the Chicago Bears. I can only imagine how quickly Michael Keane would crumble.
This is completely removed from relevant but whatever: the differences in sizes of players between sports are fascinating. Lukaku isn't big enough to play in the NFL, and then a big NFL player like Myles Garrett looks eye to eye with Steph Curry who looks tiny on a basketball court.

So yeah Keane would get crumpled.

We can't afford the two / three elite CMs we'd need to make that work.

Alli plays alongside DCL in a 532 or he doesn't start. And even then we'd need two new CMs.
Ali will get starts either way, mainly because we hardly have 11 decent players to start a game, we have to find away to get him working, the bench is for Gomes...etc and those who offers very little, Ali is too good to watch for 70 minutes

A really good interview.
He was clearly under intolerable pressure whilst he was at Spurs and he looked almost haunted at times.
From this interview you can see he's getting abit of spark and love for the game back. If we can truly make him one of ours we're gonna see just how good a player he is. We need to play him in the best position though - as a 10 - and watch him not just score - but create and also hold the ball up. Great player. Ignore anyone who disagrees as they know nothing about football.

Rightly or wrongly im still hopeful he could work out well for us.
He’s obviously talented, and he hasn’t had a proper run since he signed, yet he has shown glimpses of what he’s capable of.

I’d hate to think we will get rid to avoid paying spurs 10m, when he could be like a new signing for us if given a good run of games.

I have no objection to him scoring two goals a game if he stays and that’s what he carries on doing, but two things…

1. The commentators (and everyone else tempted to do it) need to stop with the ‘Dele’ first name terms nonsense (cringe - serious ‘JLingz bantz’ vibes there), and;

2. He needs to stop with the heart hand symbols (Waggy waves, Degsy Mount two arms aloft, Richarlison (RIP) swan diving and Cahill corner flag punches are all acceptable forms of celebration - Everton aren’t we?)

I have no objection to him scoring two goals a game if he stays and that’s what he carries on doing, but two things…

1. The commentators (and everyone else tempted to do it) need to stop with the ‘Dele’ first name terms nonsense (cringe - serious ‘JLingz bantz’ vibes there), and;

2. He needs to stop with the heart hand symbols (Waggy waves, Degsy Mount two arms aloft, Richarlison (RIP) swan diving and Cahill corner flag punches are all acceptable forms of celebration - Everton aren’t we?)

He goes by the name Dele cos he chooses not to acknowledge his Father. Not sure it's even close to a JLingz "ting" !

Can only assume you're WUMing otherwise you're being an ignorant idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.