2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good header today, that ball was whipped in.

But he didn’t look happy. I reckon it hurt his head, so he just tried to style it out all calm and collected like “yeah we need to do this when the prem starts lads”.

Step up Tom you know what the deal is now.

Good to have him back, we need a bit of bite in midfield, a bit of muscle, someone to let the opponent know there in a game, Tom is our general on the pitch
I don't mind him, and agree with your comment that we need bite in the middle, not sure the current tom is that player. I get the impression he is a decent player and can do what the manager tells him what to do, perhaps we need someone to tell him forget about expressing yourself, leave a foot in and be a snide, that will give him the space and half a yard to express himself

Yeah let’s sell him and even have less midfielders, for me he shouldn’t be a regular starter but I’m happy enough for him to come in if we need him to, I’d rather him come on that Gomes.

Yeah let’s sell him and even have less fewer midfielders, for me he shouldn’t be a regular starter but I’m happy enough for him to come in if we need him to, I’d rather him come on that Gomes.
Me too pal. But that's not a high bar.

The fact is that if we somehow bring in two new CMs (with one at least being a DM) then we need to sell the ones least likely to get game time. That's Gomes and Davies. Gomes is a huge wage off the payroll, but perversely we'd probably do better (in FFP terms) by selling Davies because we paid nothing for him: anything we bank is pure profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.