Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuchel has already said Broja is staying and won’t let him leave. That’s why West Ham have given up and moved on to someone else.
I still think the likes of Broja and/or Gallagher might want to move if they are an unused sub in the first couple of games. The only difference is West Ham move on and buy different players while we are still waiting for Chelsea to make their mind up which of their young players are available

What if he plays up front or as a wide forward? Not saying I have scouted him extensively but at this stage can we turn our noses up at someone who scored nine goals?
If he plays as a striker, like the position DCL plays, it's fine. Everywhere else we need players who can complete passes.

Not exclusively that, they have to do other things, but that can't be a weak spot.

As recently as last year this was proved not to be an absolute. Palace did exactly this, and had a significantly better season than us.
Don’t think that you can have absolutes to be fair. Palace had at least been in the league for a few years. However they only scored two more points than the preceding year and only managed one win in their first 8-9 games. I always depends on the quality of players.

Stadium update done. I'm happy for a few more weeks now. We don't need signings.
Would be quality banter if the club admin did a 'stadium update' to announce a new signing, all the usual drone footage ending up with the new signing kitted out in construction gear hi-vis and hard hat.

To be honest, probably wouldn't work as the stadium will probably be completed first ?

gross incompetence and neglect
Should be our new motto
I'm not sure what the Latin is for that ('Grosso Incompetento et Neglecto'-?!) but if would cost a fortune to change all the clubs merchandising now, so we're going to stick with the motto that has been abandoned for 30-odd years, and I'd happily bet you not one of our players could recite.

I think this summer has set the bar for the season pretty low, which should help Lampard at least.

If what the bobble is saying is true and we have to sacrifice certain areas then you’d have to go with what we have at the back - get two midfielders in and two widemen/attackers.

For what it’s worth I’d take Gilmore alongside a more physical midfielder. Isn’t gana rumoured to be leaving? A loan for him wouldn’t be the worst signing this season.

I think one of cornet/Dennis should be a priority alongside a right winger- I’d be very keen on Hudson odoi on loan (if gilmour comes on a perm) but I can see us spending money on traore…

Just praying for a lower mid table finish and finally making changes higher up so we can slowly get out of this absolute mess.

Its a fine line between overpaying, haggling and getting players in to late when pre season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.