Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God most of us missed that.

I noticed there's a big push on possession-based training this year, despite the result did it look like we might be any better with the ball?

I think I know the answer already actually.

I think that we have managed to scrape our way through the bottom of last year’s barrel and we are scraping the bottom of an entirely new barrel in terms of performance. We turn in this sort of performance while we are out with the begging bowl looking for free transfers or loan players, if anyone thinks this can be turned around with the people we have in charge remaining in post they are deluded.
My question to the owner and the Board would be “how far are you prepared to let this great club sink before you realise you are the problem and resign”.

We have an embarrassing result every pre season, that takes the cake though. A lot of these idiots need to wake up and realise we got massively lucky staying up last year, we cannot afford to slack off or it most certainly will happen this. The clowns at the top need to do likewise and find a way not to hamstring Frank and Kev by getting players in asap

Is this not part of the problem?

Why is it just accepted that we have an embarrassing result? We don’t need to win every game, but we need to be competitive.

It’s pre-season, but clearly this is a fragile bunch, and 4-0 to anyone, let alone an MLS side is not good enough.

I think that we have managed to scrape our way through the bottom of last year’s barrel and we are scraping the bottom of an entirely new barrel in terms of performance. We turn in this sort of performance while we are out with the begging bowl looking for free transfers or loan players, if anyone thinks this can be turned around with the people we have in charge remaining in post they are deluded.
My question to the owner and the Board would be “how far are you prepared to let this great club sink before you realise you are the problem and resign”.
Not a single one of the players we have seen aren’t good enough season after season. Going into the season with pretty much the same squad minus last seasons best player and then whatever we can scrape together that other clubs don’t want…

These players aren’t miraculously going to get better after last season, what are the board doing?

Honestly, I think the reason is we haven’t got a clue on what we’re allowed to do.

We’ll certainly didn’t have a clue. Now it’s emerging that Richarlison was sold purely to balance the books, then we’re realistically staring down the barrel of minimal spending again, as we’ve seen with a loan offer for Cornet.
I think the Cornet loan is a media wind up,but the Richarlison situation is history repeating itself. Gana stayed for a season on a handshake and we haven't replaced him yet.

After everything that happened last season, I was genuinely hoping the players would come back with a hunger and desire to put things right and show what they're capable of from the off ( you know when you hear them say "we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom as our quality is too good" ) but WOW last night was so bad.

If we sold Holgate, Keane, Godfrey (all 3 absolutely woeful), Davies, Doucoure they wouldn't be missed at all.

Gray and Gordon have looked dreadful both matches. DCL lacking any kind of sharpness in front of goal. Patterson dreadful, Nkonkou dreadful, Iwobi anonymous bloody hell it's an absolute mess.

I'd say Mills has impressed more than anyone. Welsh was good against Arsenal but must have picked up a knock. Gbamin looked a lot more mobile last night.....that's all I've got

The less said about Rondon who is an embarrassment the better, Dobbin came on and showed nothing, Warrington came on and got 25 minutes only to be hauled off.

Multiple holes in the squad, attitude is still absolutely woeful, they're still not mentally capable of coping, physically not fit, huge lack of quality all round.

Absolutely grim

Status
Not open for further replies.