Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an embarrassing result every pre season, that takes the cake though. A lot of these idiots need to wake up and realise we got massively lucky staying up last year, we cannot afford to slack off or it most certainly will happen this. The clowns at the top need to do likewise and find a way not to hamstring Frank and Kev by getting players in asap

Embarrassing result that. Worst thing is that was probably our strongest XI at present. The main thing that stands out is that midfield which is just absolutely pathetic. We’re going down if we don’t get 3 very good players in.

The problem is that the same mistakes are being made which is clear to me that it doesn't matter who the manager is, the players that we have just aren't good enough and need to be replaced. Recruitment was always going to be the difference this season between relegation and survival and at the moment we are actively trying to be a Championship club.

Embarrassing result that. Worst thing is that was probably our strongest XI at present. The main thing that stands out is that midfield which is just absolutely pathetic. We’re going down if we don’t get 3 very good players in.
The trouble we've got is none of our midfield players can play in a 2 and most aren't even competent in a 3. We've been crying out for a commanding CM since Gana left and here we are 3 years later.

More interested in selling our best player, that sums up our owner and Chairman full stop.oh sorry just the owner..its never Bill's fault.
He was keen to go. Reported he had a gentleman's agreement to stay until the end of last season only.

He was keen to go. Reported he had a gentleman's agreement to stay until the end of last season only.

Can you blame him? It’s his prime era of his career, why is he wasting it with a basket case like Everton when teams Playing in the champions league are genuinely interested in him?

We had 3-4 years to build the squad round him and push for Europe, instead we wasted £450m on a load of duds.

Just sat here this morning working from home, forgot we had played last night. My lad walks into my 'office'.

"Morning Dad, see last night's result?"

"No I totally forgot we played mate, what was the score?"

"4-0!"

"Oh really, that's not a bad result then. Who scored for us?"

"No, to them"

".................. FFS".

Lots of problems/concerns.
But. If we go into the season with davies/doucoure in the middle of the park we may aswell wave the white flag now. Two players who wouldnt get in i'd say 80% of teams in this league and here they are in the heart of our midfield.
Not an ounce of creativity guile composure goals...nothing.
Mark pembridge was better than both of these. Thats how poor the middle of the pitch is for us. Such an important area.

We need a fecking midfield. I'm all for bringing a replacement for richarlison in but we ain't affording a forward who can magically create/score 20 goals a season. We just sold one for 50 mill and he doesn't get those stats. Logic then dictates we need to not concede as many goals. Opposition can, and frequently does, meander through our midfield at will exposing a very average defence. Midfield is the absolute priority for me. I'd rather we get a central midfielder who can be disciplined, put a tackle in, bit of pace and have some fight about them than bring in a forward which will just result in us losing games by less margin. Tarkowski is not going to fix our problems, he's been in relegation fights consistently, us signing him is more than us picking up someone on a free. Lampards comments are pragmatic but the realist in me also identifies the club is clearly trying to position the fan base for another relegation scrap.

Can you blame him? It’s his prime era of his career, why is he wasting it with a basket case like Everton when teams Playing in the champions league are genuinely interested in him?

We had 3-4 years to build the squad round him and push for Europe, instead we wasted £450m on a load of duds.
Don't blame him at all. The fact we should have had a replacement ready to sign but didn't is the worry.

Don't blame him at all. The fact we should have had a replacement ready to sign but didn't is the worry.

Honestly, I think the reason is we haven’t got a clue on what we’re allowed to do.

We’ll certainly didn’t have a clue. Now it’s emerging that Richarlison was sold purely to balance the books, then we’re realistically staring down the barrel of minimal spending again, as we’ve seen with a loan offer for Cornet.

Status
Not open for further replies.