Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically he's their player, they can do whatever they want with him. It was us that agreed to not receiving paying until summer 2023. We could have -and should have- told them to pay up front or no deal. But that's the world class Everton negotiators for you.
We have been paid.

We got paid last season for the loan fee for 21-22

We will get paid this summer for the loan fee for 22-23 and then next summer we will get paid the obligation to buy him.

Unless

Juve pay that obligation now, thus giving us more cash right now but less in the long run.

It's fine to slate our transfer dealings but the Kean one is one of the only decent ones we've managed in recent years.

Encouraging comments from Lampard that he’s on the phone to Thelwell every day and they have a great working relationship. Hopefully the start of some joined up recruitment activity for once.
I'm sure most managers speak to their DOF regularly, but it's hardly evidence of joined up thinking. KT has been here since January, so far we've only signed a 29 year old well-known CB from relegated Burnley and the season starts in a few weeks. Hardly ground-breaking stuff so far.

Everton don’t have a great deal to spend this season with the well documented FFP restrictions, you won’t see a net spend of over £35/40m without further sales. So at least they’re trying to extract full value out of how they spend, with the obvious caveat being season starts in 3 weeks.

I don’t think we will spend the whole Richie fee by the end of the window unless there are further sales. A net spend of £40m would mean we have spent £90-100m which would actually be quite good. Could do the below. I don’t think we will be anything like that.

Cornet 17.5
MGW 25
Winks loan
Defensive Mid 25
Striker 25/30

We have been paid.

We will get paid this summer for the loan fee for 22-23 and then next summer we will get paid the obligation to buy him.

Unless

Juve pay that obligation now, thus giving us more cash right now but less in the long run.

It's fine to slate our transfer dealings but the Kean one is one of the only decent ones we've managed in recent years.
Fair enough. Either way, I personally don't see Juve opting to pay up early to save themselves a season's loan fee - and if the recruitment team are counting on that unlikely possibility happening to enable us to manoever in the market, then it shows just how much of a shambles we are.

I'm sure most managers speak to their DOF regularly, but it's hardly evidence of joined up thinking. KT has been here since January, so far we've only signed a 29 year old well-known CB from relegated Burnley and the season starts in a few weeks. Hardly ground-breaking stuff so far.

I’m not sure any of our managers have been aligned to our DOF properly apart from Silva.

I don’t think we will spend the whole Richie fee by the end of the window unless there are further sales. A net spend of £40m would mean we have spent £90-100m which would actually be quite good. Could do the below. I don’t think we will be anything like that.

Cornet 17.5
MGW 25
Winks loan
Defensive Mid 25
Striker 25/30
I’m told the Richarlison money is gone to satisfy last year‘a books. So that circa £40m is someone’s informed guess.

Technically he's their player, they can do whatever they want with him. It was us that agreed to not receiving paying until summer 2023. We could have -and should have- told them to pay up front or no deal. But that's the world class Everton negotiators for you.
Technically he’s our player, he’s just on loan to them till next summer when the obligation kicks in

We have been paid.

Unless

Dont see the point of us accepting the deal earlier myself, cashflow isnt an issue for us as our owner writes blank cheuqes and if we get the money this summer or next it doesn't matter as it all goes into the same years accounts, presuming it hits before the end of June 23. May as well sit on our hands and pick up the extra 3 mill. I mean we can spend it now really knowing its coming - providing the obligations have been met.

We have been paid.

Unless

In fairness we also bought Onyekeru, didn’t play him for a single minute and then sold him at a profit. Money ball.

I mean we've had no money like

I’m not sure any of our managers have been aligned to our DOF properly apart from Silva.
Yeah, probably true. Lets judge KT at the end of the window, but so far, other than talk, there's no evidence he's a positive addition or added benefit of any significant note (I doubt the JT deal was too hard to get done).

Cornet 17.5
MGW 25
Winks loan
Defensive Mid 25
Striker 25/30
I don’t think it will be that many. Probably two more signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.