Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welch was turned a few times. Looked to be bad at decision making on occasion. For a big lad like him he needs to work on the mental side of his game a lot as he cam get caught flat footed. Mills did well, Warrington on the ball sharp. Tarky looked top level.
It’s all relative. These three are young lads who come up against some excellent footballers and did a good job. All have things to work on of course. I wouldn’t be saying well done to Coleman for the sake peformance as I’d expect more from a seasoned professional.

It’s all relative. These three are young lads who come up against some excellent footballers and did a good job. All have things to work on of course. I wouldn’t be saying well done to Coleman for the sake peformance as I’d expect more from a seasoned professional.
Fair enough. Looked to have some raw talent but not near the standard or level of a Keane right now. Needs to work on the mental aspect more as very flat footed but signs he can play

That second half was a lot better

Mills seemed energetic which is always a positive

Tarks deserve the armband what a guy

Keane is just Keane lol

Welch’s legs were absolutely everywhere

Myko proving why he deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet

I’ve saved this for ages but Warrington is gonna be a top player

JP seemed ok but nothing special

Anthony may look like a melt but he’s our best player by Miles

The wobinator was decent, he seemed everywhere in the first 20 mins

And finally that big slab of meat up top, future golden boot I can already see it
Bated Tarks after the Richy challenge… like him now and agree is a leader.

Warrington is going to be a top top player!

Is he a blue?

First half:

GK: Pickford
RCB: Holgate
CB: Godfrey
LCB: Mina
RWB: Patterson
LWB: Nkounkou
CM: Davies
CM: Doucoure
RW: Gray
LW: Dele
ST: Calvert-Lewin

Second half:

GK: Crellin
RCB: Tarkowski
CB: Keane
LCB: Welch
RWB: Mills
LWB: Mykolenko
CM: Warrington
CM: Gbamin
RW: Iwobi
LW: Gordon
ST: Rondon

Positives:
• Minutes in the legs of 22 different players.
• Good debut from Tarkowski: blocks, interceptions & leadership
• Good performances from Davies, Mills, Mykolenko, Warrington, Iwobi and Gordon.

Negatives:
• Still no real discernible patterns of play or clarity on what we’re trying to achieve when in or out of possession.
• Conceded from a defensive set piece again.
• No real attempts on goal across the 90 minutes.
• Poor / below-par performances from Holgate, Doucoure, Dele, Gray, Gbamin and Rondon.
• Tactical inflexibility in playing 5-2-3 for the full 90 minutes despite being overrun in the middle throughout.

I am worried.

Preseason, fitness, whatever doesn’t take away from the basics.

We have an entire squad that can’t pass the ball.

Yep, remember now why we were in the bottom 3 towards the end of last season.

Fair enough. Looked to have some raw talent but not near the standard or level of a Keane right now. Needs to work on the mental aspect more as very flat footed but signs he can play
On the flip side there were a few moments where he could have been caught out and did very well.

All the more reason these lads need to go play mens football week in week out. Not the under23 garbage. They need to make mistakes that are meaningful and count for something and understand how, and why to eradicate them.

You could see with Warrington, he’s used to having no time on the ball at Tranmere, so he kept the ball moving, kept it flowing and didn’t hesitate. He expected contact each and every time.

First half:

GK: Pickford
RCB: Holgate
CB: Godfrey
LCB: Mina
RWB: Patterson
LWB: Nkounkou
CM: Davies
CM: Doucoure
RW: Gray
LW: Dele
ST: Calvert-Lewin

Second half:

GK: Crellin
RCB: Tarkowski
CB: Keane
LCB: Welch
RWB: Mills
LWB: Mykolenko
CM: Warrington
CM: Gbamin
RW: Iwobi
LW: Gordon
ST: Rondon

Positives:
• Minutes in the legs of 22 different players.
• Good debut from Tarkowski: blocks, interceptions & leadership
• Good performances from Davies, Mills, Mykolenko, Warrington, Iwobi and Gordon.

Negatives:
• Still no real discernible patterns of play or clarity on what we’re trying to achieve when in or out of possession.
• Conceded from a defensive set piece again.
• No real attempts on goal across the 90 minutes.
• Poor / below-par performances from Holgate, Doucoure, Dele, Gray, Gbamin and Rondon.
• Tactical inflexibility in playing 5-2-3 for the full 90 minutes despite being overrun in the middle throughout.
Great assessment and post.

Status
Not open for further replies.