Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No? Have to be honest I thought we were a terrible watch.

No real sense that the players can play that formation and highlighted that we have a pretty dreadful squad of players lacking quality.

Good to see tarkowski bringing his snideness over to us and Warrington looks like he can pass the ball semi effectively which is more than can be said of the rest of our midfield.
I don't think you should look too hard into the formation, it makes the most sense to use the formation to give the players game time due to how the squad is composed atm. Patterson and Nkounkou starting are wingbacks and we have 6 centre halves out there. It's purely a fitness thing for the most part.

I don't think you should look too hard into the formation, it makes the most sense to use the formation to give the players game time due to how the squad is composed atm. Patterson and Nkounkou starting are wingbacks and we have 6 centre halves out there. It's purely a fitness thing for the most part.
Nkounkou looked hopeless. Good at sprinting but looked terrible at football. I hope he can work on the mental and technical side of his game...

So on tonight’s showing:

1) Three at the back needs binning
2) As does two in central midfield
3) Rondon, Holgate, Davies top the list of players who need moving on asap
4) Tarkowski is exactly what we’ve been crying out for at the back
5) Desperately need attacking reinforcements

1st run out, but looked exactly the same as the last time we played these in the PL. They bitched us without getting out of 1st gear, they should have had many more 1st half, if they`d kept that team on it would have been double figures.

Alot on here will pass it off as "only pre season" or "only 1st game", what I saw is exactly the deficencies from last season, EXACTLY.

The 5-2-3 is an horrendous formation, truly horrendous, doesn`t keep clean sheets and isn`t conducive to creating anything of note.

Only positives is some of the youngsters looked hungry for it and looked OK but the game was long since won.

Need to bin this formation off or Frank could be the 1st manager sacked this season......

That second half was a lot better

Mills seemed energetic which is always a positive

Tarks deserve the armband what a guy

Keane is just Keane lol

Welch’s legs were absolutely everywhere

Myko proving why he deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet

I’ve saved this for ages but Warrington is gonna be a top player

JP seemed ok but nothing special

Anthony may look like a melt but he’s our best player by Miles

The wobinator was decent, he seemed everywhere in the first 20 mins

And finally that big slab of meat up top, future golden boot I can already see it

Status
Not open for further replies.