New Everton Stadium Discussion

They went for that same neo-classical style. Everton's stadium is a modernist construction. There has to be a line drawn under Goodison, not let it hangover into the new stadium.

WTF is the point of that?!

This development has just been approved at West Waterloo Dock. With obvious references to the dock warehouse buildings and arches.
Is this "Utterly daft beyond belief" also?

West-Waterloo-Dock-2-485x334.jpeg

…..I thought those would be laid as individual bricks by teams of brickies.

i suppose it makes sense that they’re panels.

It’s how Laing’s operate. They have a massive factory complex in Worksop where them make a lot of pre cast concrete and panels such as the ones shown today. Saves them a lot of time and money as well as it being safer as everything is done in a controlled environment in the factory.

This development has just been approved at West Waterloo Dock. With obvious references to the dock warehouse buildings and arches.
Is this "Utterly daft beyond belief" also?

View attachment 173775

Looks fantastic that.

If you prefer architecture with zero nods to history, get yourself into a 1960's tower block flat. If there are any left.

Looks fantastic that.

If you prefer architecture with zero nods to history, get yourself into a 1960's tower block flat. If there are any left.

It also fits in with the original buildings in the area such as the titanic and tobacco warehouse . I’d much rather them do that and keep it traditional than lash a load of buildings up with crap cladding on the outside which will look massively dated on 10/15 years time.