New Everton Stadium Discussion

D8CDF41E-D67E-48A4-9059-2A9F0DC32F98.jpeg

"I know, let's build a 21st century football stadium that points the way to a hopefully glorious future...but give the punters some nineteenth century stadium reference points."

It's like Corbusier designing a modernist pavillion and putting a minaret on top of it.

Utterly daft beyond belief. The confused thinking at play with that. Just break from the past. It was Meis tipping a hat to what he believes fans want. Idiot.

"I know, let's build a 21st century football stadium that points the way to a hopefully glorious future...but give the punters some nineteenth century stadium reference points."

It's like Corbusier designing a modernist pavillion and putting a minaret on top of it.

Utterly daft beyond belief. The confused thinking at play with that. Just break from the past. It was Meis tipping a hat to what he believes fans want. Idiot.

….there’s a thread elsewhere celebrating a replica Globe Theatre in Merseyside.

…..I thought those would be laid as individual bricks by teams of brickies.

i suppose it makes sense that they’re panels.
Is this a change? I'm sure the test panel that's been down there getting weathered for months was real brick.

Sorry Dave it’s great.

Architecture is personal taste. I love the fact they have blended old with new.