New Everton Stadium Discussion

I still get utterly confused when I see a tour schedule for bands. I still think of the NEC at Birmingham, as the NEC. Not Motorpoint or whatever it is now.

Thats a point. Has a PL new ground, ever had its name changed from one sponsor to another ? Cos that would do my nut if so.
It’s not been a PL ground for a while but Bolton’s ground has been the Reebok, the Macron and now The University of Bolton Stadium

It’s not been a PL ground for a while but Bolton’s ground has been the Reebok, the Macron and now The University of Bolton Stadium

Remember that, hence the PL thing. But I cant think of a single new PL ground, being renamed.

The Poundland Arena at Bramley Moore.

Thanks Bill, FFS.
Walsall beat us to it

Remember that, hence the PL thing. But I cant think of a single new PL ground, being renamed.
I guess part of the issue is that a lot of the established PL teams haven’t moved stadium and so naming rights would be a bit of a waste of money. Regardless of a deal, no one is going to stop saying Goodison, Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge etc. The names are just too ingrained so it would be a massive waste of money.

I still get utterly confused when I see a tour schedule for bands. I still think of the NEC at Birmingham, as the NEC. Not Motorpoint or whatever it is now.

Thats a point. Has a PL new ground, ever had its name changed from one sponsor to another ? Cos that would do my nut if so.
NEC is now Resort World, we went recently to a concert. Flaming rip off once you’re inside the Arena, £5+ for a small bottle of lager, £9 small slice of Pizza, £25 for an average size whole Pizza!
Not that we’ll be paying those prices at BMD ???

I guess part of the issue is that a lot of the established PL teams haven’t moved stadium and so naming rights would be a bit of a waste of money. Regardless of a deal, no one is going to stop saying Goodison, Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge etc. The names are just too ingrained so it would be a massive waste of money.

This, but by the same token, the Emirates will always be the Emirates, nobody calls it Ashburton Grove (which is a quality name for a ground)

BMD will be 100% known as whatever sponsor gets their hands on it, to be honest the ‘USM Stadium’ is about as good as we could hope for, least it sounds more mysterious than ‘The Vodafone arena’ or whatever.

I reckon we’ll call it ‘Bramley Moore’ for a few years between ourselves but that won’t last

This, but by the same token, the Emirates will always be the Emirates, nobody calls it Ashburton Grove (which is a quality name for a ground)

BMD will be 100% known as whatever sponsor gets their hands on it, to be honest the ‘USM Stadium’ is about as good as we could hope for, least it sounds more mysterious than ‘The Vodafone arena’ or whatever.

I reckon we’ll call it ‘Bramley Moore’ for a few years between ourselves but that won’t last
Do you honestly think we'd have ditched "Goodison" for a sponsored name. I won't be around but I'd bet in 2050 it'll be Bramley.

You've literally had to trawl the net for 20 minutes looking for the odd reference.

The vast vast majority of Gunners will say the Emirates.

Just as the vast vast majority of Everton fans will say the sponsors name.

Of course, you and a few others will be prepared to still call it "The Bramley Moore" to make some pathetic point.

The club will shut down any talk of the BMD. Their naming rights partners will demand it of them and so they'll see to it that every reference to the new stadium will be about the corporate sponsor's name.

They hire people to do all that for them.

The lads from The Anfield Wrap will be cultural advisors.

Make no mistake: this latest trend of LFC positioning Anfield against the backdrop of the Mersey is flagging up their concerns and insecurities.

They want Everton our of the way altogether. Out of the PL and with no visible impact on the city of Liverpool.

That new stadium is like a giant middle finger to them rising up at the riverfront.

In fact, Meis should have made that part of the design: a roof with a massive middle digit on the top of it that can clearly be seen at Anfield.

…I actually agree. I’ve said for an age, Evertons objective should be to be the best team in the City. Once that happens over a prolonged period, the rest will look after itself.

They might not currently fear us but we are an irritation to the Reds, they want the City to themselves, they want us out of the way. Whilst we’re around the top flight there’s always a chance of a Kevin Brock moment.