Old Everton Pictures

13th May 1978. Everton centre forward Bob Latchford standing in line for England prior to the match against Wales, at Ninian Park. - for @Alanbileysfeathercut -

1657193424020.png

CH his one cap - HK got NIL - disgraceful -
Indeed, very harsh, but caps weren’t handed out like sweets back then and only one sub was selected…and often not used by Ramsay, even in meaningless friendlies. Also you can’t really blame him for sticking with his favourites, as they did him the World Cup, and it was especially difficult for a midfielder, as Ball and Peters were always going to start, and the competition was lead by Colin Bell. Also, Alf liked a hatchet man in there (Stiles, Storey, etc) so it was always going to be difficult for Colin and Howard. Still, a disgrace, mind.

Three vital players for us in the late 1960s -

1657195232050.png

Indeed, very harsh, but caps weren’t handed out like sweets back then and only one sub was selected…and often not used by Ramsay, even in meaningless friendlies. Also you can’t really blame him for sticking with his favourites, as they did him the World Cup, and it was especially difficult for a midfielder, as Ball and Peters were always going to start, and the competition was lead by Colin Bell. Also, Alf liked a hatchet man in there (Stiles, Storey, etc) so it was always going to be difficult for Colin and Howard. Still, a disgrace, mind.
One player Alan Mullary ...... southern player bias existed then ....

A rare picture of Geoff Barnett in action as a keeper for the Blues, we sold him to Arsenal where he went on to have a very good career - winning a FA Cup winner's medal - he was a youth team cup winner for us -

View attachment 172962

…yep, part of that great FA Youth Cup winning team with John Hurst and Jimmy Husband. He did play in an FA Cup Final for Arsenal but I think it was the one they lost 1-0 to Leeds.

…yep, part of that great FA Youth Cup winning team with John Hurst and Jimmy Husband. He did play in an FA Cup Final for Arsenal but I think it was the one they lost 1-0 to Leeds.
it was. he didn’t feature in the 71 final. Bob “I’d give my right arm to play for England” Wilson, was in goal.