New Everton Stadium Discussion

That wasn't what he was implying and you know it.

As for the transport plan being the first and last nail, I disagree. It was one of a whole bunch of nails from the bottom of of toolbox.

It was called in because of objections from neighbouring boroughs and the potential impact it would have on their businesses, not because Wyness told whoever would listen it would be the best served stadium in the country.

As I said..... I THINK he was implying that the transport plan would not necessarily stop a council from granting planning permission.

In essence, the stadium could've still had planning permission at the end of the inquiry based on the original application (and including capacity clauses). The enabling uplift was miniscule, and the loss of the retail development would've had little impact on cost to the club..... but by then the whole transport lie had been exposed and what little infrastructure changes were planned wouldnt have happened..... it was too big a hot potato for the club and Knowsley Council alone.

Brighton keep the concourse open after matches and it works fine

Past couple of times I've been there I've stuck around 30-60 minutes after full time to have a drink and wait for the queues for the train to die down

Could easily be done, they just need to plan it in

And the idea that EFC won't do the same at a brand new stadium that needs to be paid for is ridiculous; not to mention one that will have a fan zone 1.5 times the size of the Pier Head.

And the idea that EFC won't do the same at a brand new stadium that needs to be paid for is ridiculous; not to mention one that will have a fan zone 1.5 times the size of the Pier Head.

They would need to arrange it properly of course, and probably keep the home and aways segregated and whatnot

Unless you're a Palace fan you have to really try and start bother with Brighton fans, so letting home and away fans stick around for a couple of extra drinks following the game and then mingle on the way out isn't really an issue. Last season they were pretty jovial even though they lost and a group of them wished me a safe journey home even though they were clearly smashed

If that's Everton and maybe Man City supporters on the way out it might be different if everyone is good and trollied

Just got to be careful with it but I'm sure it can be done

You're confused.

Was Kirkby called in because of access/egress?

No, it wasn't, so what on earth are you wittering on about?
Sec of State report for Destination Kirkby:

5.6.47 The building’s primary scale is self-evidently much larger than other buildings in the immediate vicinity168. That is a function of its different purpose, and the need for a 50,000-seater stadium’s envelope to be large enough to allow safe access and egress for supporters.

11.29 We say the upheaval faced by residents on match days and nights will cause disruption by traffic for residents. Areas near to the proposed site include well established residential estates that do not benefit from access and egress from all sides, as do the streets and roads around Goodison Park. The prospect of up to 4,000 spectators being shepherded up the narrow Kirkby Row en route to Kirkby Station will deter many residents from visiting Liverpool travelling via the Northern Line.

They would need to arrange it properly of course, and probably keep the home and aways segregated and whatnot

Unless you're a Palace fan you have to really try and start bother with Brighton fans, so letting home and away fans stick around for a couple of extra drinks following the game and then mingle on the way out isn't really an issue. Last season they were pretty jovial even though they lost and a group of them wished me a safe journey home even though they were clearly smashed

If that's Everton and maybe Man City supporters on the way out it might be different if everyone is good and trollied

Just got to be careful with it but I'm sure it can be done
Could get a bit dodgy with the red [Poor language removed].

Sec of State report for Destination Kirkby:

5.6.47 The building’s primary scale is self-evidently much larger than other buildings in the immediate vicinity168. That is a function of its different purpose, and the need for a 50,000-seater stadium’s envelope to be large enough to allow safe access and egress for supporters.

11.29 We say the upheaval faced by residents on match days and nights will cause disruption by traffic for residents. Areas near to the proposed site include well established residential estates that do not benefit from access and egress from all sides, as do the streets and roads around Goodison Park. The prospect of up to 4,000 spectators being shepherded up the narrow Kirkby Row en route to Kirkby Station will deter many residents from visiting Liverpool travelling via the Northern Line.
It's all well and good posting findings AFTER it was called in.

You said it was the reason it was called in.

That was incorrect.

But as Tom sang, It's not unusual.

It's all well and good posting findings AFTER it was called in.

You said it was the reason it was called in.

That was incorrect.

But as Tom sang, It's not unusual.
If it was cited as a reason not to consent to the applaication at state level then how does my point not stand?

lol lol lol

Are you familiar with the famous Everton FC Destination Kirkby access / egress issues?

The club are the same now as then: "we'll sort that out later, lad".
You posted this......
No. That got through planning. It was just called in by HM Government - because it was hopeless.

Different type of government for that one and this one.

IMO there's no way the access / egress is well thought through for this and Everton know it. They also know that once it's a health and safety issue when up and running that they'll get permissiion to get shut of that wall.
And followed with this. The strong implication being the access and egress was the reason for call in.

I get it Dave, you like to have a hobby horse to flog to death.

I can't wait to see what's next. Perhaps they're idiots for preserving the cobblestones because on wintery days they'll be a nightmarem

Honestly this thread having this many pages is utterly staggering when you consider just how little of the ground has actually been built thus far

How we've managed to fill nearly 6000 pages on this topic is crazy

It started in 2014. BMD wasn’t even a thing until early 2017. It’ll be the longest running thread in internet history by the time it’s built.

Brighton keep the concourse open after matches and it works fine

Past couple of times I've been there I've stuck around 30-60 minutes after full time to have a drink and wait for the queues for the train to die down

Could easily be done, they just need to plan it in

To be fair you don't have much choice but to stick around at the Amex

Unless you fancy a long walk into town

To be fair you don't have much choice but to stick around at the Amex

Unless you fancy a long walk into town

Shockingly though if you park even as close as 45 minutes away from the ground in some cases they still have parking restrictions

Normally at that distance you're safe to park

I'm very stingy and hate paying for parking so dumping it on a side street out of the way is my preferred method of parking and Brighton is the furthest I've ever had to park from the ground

I think I might have been closer to town lol