New Everton Stadium Discussion

The one that failed to get through planning?
That one?
No. That got through planning. It was just called in by HM Government - because it was hopeless.

Different type of government for that one and this one.

IMO there's no way the access / egress is well thought through for this and Everton know it. They also know that once it's a health and safety issue when up and running that they'll get permissiion to get shut of that wall.

Racist dock, bullets in the dock, pitch won’t fit, stadium not tall enough, capacity not big enough, looks like a leisure centre, no one will want a pint in the ground, dangerous turbines, access/egress, might as well just call it off lads. Swear we’re about to come full circle to “what about the dog walkers and kite flyers”.
Don't forget the bad smell ?

No. That got through planning. It was just called in by HM Government - because it was hopeless.

Different type of government for that one and this one.

IMO there's no way the access / egress is well thought through for this and Everton know it. They also know that once it's a health and safety issue when up and running that they'll get permissiion to get shut of that wall.

Somebody vault this

You're confused.

Was Kirkby called in because of access/egress?

No, it wasn't, so what on earth are you wittering on about?

The access and egress issues at Kirkby were enough to have a secret capacity cap clause entered by Knowsley council that they thought no-one knew about.

Maybe so, but that's not the reason it was called in. (Which is what Captain Chaos is implying)
Tbf, I think he's mainly implying that a council will grant planning permission if they're desperate for a development to go ahead, even if they know that the transport plan was at best weak, at worst contrived. The transport plan was ripped to pieces and laughed out of the public inquiry and was the first and last nail in the coffin.

Tbf, I think he's mainly implying that a council will grant planning permission if they're desperate for a development to go ahead, even if they know that the transport plan was at best weak, at worst contrived. The transport plan was ripped to pieces and laughed out of the public inquiry and was the first and last nail in the coffin.
That wasn't what he was implying and you know it.

As for the transport plan being the first and last nail, I disagree. It was one of a whole bunch of nails from the bottom of of toolbox.

It was called in because of objections from neighbouring boroughs and the potential impact it would have on their businesses, not because Wyness told whoever would listen it would be the best served stadium in the country.

All the crying on here I drive past quite often, it's going up quickly now gonna be amazing..some on here are compulsive moaners ffs..

Got to say Dave pivoting from "it's never getting built" to "it might get built, but it's being done for nefarious reasons" to "it probably will get built but it won't be any good" is impressive stuff

We're almost 5575 pages in and people are still biting

Yeah, imagine this, its November, its freezing, weve just lost 1-3 at home to a promoted team. Half the Park end and Gwladys who wouldve been in the Brick by 74 mins are gonna stick around to watch a glorified open mic night in a stadium concourse, still fuming at what they just witnessed. People who have a 2 hour journey back to Wales or the midlands are gonna say, "Nah, we might as well stick around in the stadium to watch Southampton vs Spurs on the 17.30 game", thats even if the are allowed to broadcast it.

Its fanciful and pie in the sky and depends on numerous factors that simply cannot be controlled, even if they serve food and drink at regular pub prices.

At best, they can leave the concourse open past half time to full time, and hopefully get a bit more business, and they might be able to serve more people in a faster amount of time, but a lot of people who wont pay £10 for a pint and a cardboard sausage roll arent going to pay £20 for a pint and a Halloumi wrap.

Keeping people behind would need some proper planning and thinking, like building a series of designated pubs and restaurants in the vacinity that the club own and run or lease to other businesses.

Existing pubs should do ok out of it like, and Costco is gonna be a nightmare from 5pm onwards on Saturdays.

Brighton keep the concourse open after matches and it works fine

Past couple of times I've been there I've stuck around 30-60 minutes after full time to have a drink and wait for the queues for the train to die down

Could easily be done, they just need to plan it in