Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes not even the worst midfielder at Everton.

Terrible shout this Big Oily.

I mean pick a metric, hes vastly better than Iwobi for example.

Not being the worst midfielder at the club is hardly an endorsement. He looks absolutely shocking at times. Like I’m not even sure he knows how to kick a ball. He turns into a turbo charged Coleman when Coleman has one of his nightmare games.

He should be on the scrap list. But it’s a long list so he survives another season.

Not being the worst midfielder at the club is hardly an endorsement. He looks absolutely shocking at times. Like I’m not even sure he knows how to kick a ball. He turns into a turbo charged Coleman when Coleman has one of his nightmare games.

He should be on the scrap list. But it’s a long list so he survives another season.
Agree with this. It's what I was just saying. His parking at times is just appalling. But, we miss him when he doesn't play. And we need some continuity as it's looks like we will have 2 new CBs, and are being linked with numerous midfielders.

Define successful?
For us right now mate I think success can be as simple as having a clear style of play and clear roles for each player as far as what their job is and what they bring to the team.

As I said Doucoure isn't a player that will win you trophies but we aren't going to be winning trophies any time soon regardless. He's a midfielder with an impressive engine who's capable of making well timed late runs into the box. In a well organised system these can be useful traits to have.

My bad... The Atheltic says 16th of July which was when he was arrested. He'll have to answer it then, but if he's signing for somebody outside the country he must be reasonably confident it won't be further extended.

His bail has been extended about 5 times in the past year. 12 months and still no idea what’s gone on and not even allowed to discuss it, it’s an absolute embarrassment for all involved to be honest.

He was completely out of Brentfords league talent wise hence why he's just signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Brentford were dropping like a stone till they signed him and would of 100% been involved in the relegation battle without him.

The 21 games before he played for them 4 wins, 3 draws and 14 losses.

The 12 games after he started playing for them 7 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses.

This its pretty obvious to see the impact he had for them.
It's a great feel good story and I'm delighted the lad has his career back but there's been a lot of over hyping what he did with Brentford. The thing is that quality doesn't really translate to bigger teams like that. He was a big fish in a small pond at Brentford, would've been here too relatively speaking, but at United there are so many other big names there. He dragged Brentford up a level that's fair enough but at the same time they were still Brentford.

I think it's a mad signing for United honestly, 30 year old has a good 3 months at Brentford so they sign him up for 3 years, probably on big money. James done the exact same for us that he did with Brentford but any top club knew that he was finished at that level so he went off to the Middle East for a last payday, United are a bit daft that way, there's a reason why Spurs, the obvious club, weren't really that interested in him.

For us right now mate I think success can be as simple as having a clear style of play and clear roles for each player as far as what their job is and what they bring to the team.

As I said Doucoure isn't a player that will win you trophies but we aren't going to be winning trophies any time soon regardless. He's a midfielder with an impressive engine who's capable of making well timed late runs into the box. In a well organised system these can be useful traits to have.
I actually agree with that definition

Sell him to whoever offers more, presumably Rangers I guess. Any fee would be pure profit. I'd say £5m could be achievable for us.
Not sure we’d get that. Tbh with extra subs this year and Rondon our only backup he’s got to be at least worth a look pre season before deciding. Got a knack for a goal and worthy of consideration for a backup spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.