Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day we'll have real midfielders again and you all will be a tad embarrassed about your defense of this waster.
The defence so far has been ‘he’s not the worst midfielder at Everton’ and ‘he’s better than Iwobi’ which is hardly anyone going out to bat for him, you just seem to hate him and say he’s awful at every opportunity.

He doesn’t have technical finesse, his strengths are in power, stamina and drive.

The defence so far has been ‘he’s not the worst midfielder at Everton’ and ‘he’s better than Iwobi’ which is hardly anyone going out to bat for him, you just seem to hate him and say he’s awful at every opportunity.

He doesn’t have technical finesse, his strengths are in power, stamina and drive.
His strengths basically don't revolve around playing football

One day we'll have real midfielders again and you all will be a tad embarrassed about your defense of this waster.
I think he is far from good enough and his passing is fairly horrendous. But, he is also nowhere near our worst midfielder, and he does give the team a more impetus when he plays.

We miss him when he doesn't play because of his work rate. I'd rather we replaced the others first.

Last edited:

Playing football involves more than fancy touches and skills unless you’re at elite level then you need both.
Saying that, someone like Kante who is world class isn’t exactly a great ‘footballer’.
Kante is somewhere between 28 and 94 times the technical player Doucoure is though.

Seriously though I agree, technique isn't everything. I'm actually not even on about technique, you can use the ball very well without it which Kante is a great example of. But Doucoure isn't Kante, he doesn't move the ball forward nearly as well and frankly comparing his work out of possession to N'Golo is straight up disrespectful to Kante.

This.

I dont think anyone is saying he's a world beater, what we're saying is that the Duke is one of the few we have in the squad who could be a cog in a successful team.

Not every player has to be a highlight reel player and I think some around here (one person in particular) find that hard to grasp.

This.

I dont think anyone is saying he's a world beater, what we're saying is that the Duke is one of the few we have in the squad who could be a cog in a successful team.

Not every player has to be a highlight reel player and I think some around here (one person in particular) find that hard to grasp.
Define successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.